+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2005 MLB Season

Commish Bud really seized the PR high ground by proposing 50 game/100 game/Life penalties for steroids violations.

I think there was a bit of grandstanding in his approach, but I would support it if he included other drugs in the mix.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I agree, Bill. I definitely think the "punishments" right now are pathetic, but clearly Selig was trying to make himself look better. If it were up to me, I'd give a major suspension for strike 1, and then a banishment from baseball if you do it again. But alas, it's not up to me.

My birthday is in a week, and all I want is a baseball team that won't give me a heart attack every single game out. It seems like every time the Giants and Diamondbacks play each other, it has to last at least four hours and leads have to be blown in every inning by both teams. It's hard enough to watch this when everyone's healthy- it's even worse when the closer is out for most of the year.

Well, the Giants have won six in a row.

Yankees hit the panic button. They bench Bernie (which is overdue, sad to say) but moving Womack to the OF only takes a below average 2B and turns him into a horrible (compared to league average) outfielder.

The errors of their spending ways are beginning to hit home.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

And Womack did good for the Cards last year.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Womack was surprisingly excellent for the Cards last season. He played way outside his established career norms.

The Yanks of course had to have him. Same problem as Jaret Wright. At least they didn't overpay for him.

The errors of their spending ways are beginning to hit home.
    Exactly. What does Steinbrenner expect when he fills a team up with old players? He's such an idiot.

I do like Bernie, though. One of the classy guys in baseball. I feel bad for him, but he has definitely gone down in recent years.

Yeah, I think the truth is, they are making an example of Bernie hoping to shake things up. Plus, his contract is up at the end of this year. Dumping an ineffective Giambi might be a better move, and making Bernie the DH, but Giambi is still owed big bucks.

I feel bad for the young 2Bman. He is 22, and frankly, has a mixed record in the minors, though he was hot in April. He may be overmatched.

More bad news for the Yanks. Kevin Brown is getting lit up against Tampa Bay... yes, Tampa Bay. 5 runs in the first, and they are still going.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    More bad news for the Yanks. Kevin Brown is getting lit up against Tampa Bay... yes, Tampa Bay. 5 runs in the first, and they are still going.
    But he got himself a win by blanking the easily-blankable* Oakland A's.

*I couldn't come up with a more grammatically correct way of describing their severe lack of offense

+ Reply to Thread