+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2005 MLB Season

Wow- talk about a fall from grace. He's really struggled the past couple years and now this. Although, after that game against the Yankees where he pouted the whole time in the dugout and didn't support his teammates, I lost a lot of respect for him.
    Still hate to see such a serious injury, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmustard
    Ahhh....the Giants are slumping so badly right now!!
    Uh. Huh. It's so frustrating to watch.

Unfortunately I'm not going to the A's/Angels game. I will see the A's in Oakland, eventually. The only game I'm going to so far is the May 11 Giants game vs. the Pirates.

Ugh. The Yankees suck. Why can't Derek Jeter play for Minnesota?! That would be ideal for me (although I'm sure not for him).

The Yanks will be fine in the long run, though I was surprised their silly overpayment for Wright would come back to hurt them so soon.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Eh. I still wish Jeter was a Twin. That'd probably be his worst nightmare, though.

It is annoying having to cheer for a team you normally wouldn't like just because your favorite player is on it. Especially when they play so crappy.

Oh, and what is up with Boston and Tampa Bay?! I hate that crap; throwing at guys, clearing the benches all the time. And why is Boston involved with thos ethings so frequently? I thought they just liked picking fights with NY - what's up with bullying the lowly Devil Rays? :rolleyes

Seems like a lot of teams are fighting early in the year. It's not even the dog days yet and we have some bench clearing brawls. I am guessing the steroid withdrawls are getting to people

Oh and the Yanks have a young guy named Wang pitching today. Cracks me up for some reason.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

ARod homers again.

I think he is going to have a monster year. Even then, it wont be good enough for Yankee fans

Well I just watched the suckiest game this year between the Braves and Cardinals. It would have been a lot better if they had a home plate umpire that didn't have his head up his gluteous maximus. This guy blew more calls than a rookie telemarketer. He ruined the game. I happen to like and root for both teams so it's not just cause the Cards lost. The umpire was calling bad for both teams so at least he didn't overtly appear to be on the take. All I know is I hope he doesn't breed and ruin the human gene pool. If he is any indication of the quality of the umpire crews then baseball is doomed unless Bud Selig can get off the steroid train and pay attention to whats going on out on the field. I just hope that this game is reviewed and that clown is fined big time for all the pitches he screwed up. You know its bad when the opposing teams radio announcers remark that he called two obvious balls , strikes against the home team batter.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I have noticed more crappy umps myself in the last couple seasons. Is Angel Fernandez still umping? That's the only umpire's name I know and that's because the guy is a major jerk and very unprofessional. I hope he's not. It's a shame when bad calls ruin a game.

I'm majorly bummed that Johan Santana's win streak of 17 games came to an end today. He pitched a 2 hitter but both hits were homers - still, the Twins should have given him some run support. If you pitch a 2-hitter, you deserve to win.

+ Reply to Thread