+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 MLB Season

Torpedo I was just hearing some statistics on the radio about the difference in the offense with and without Sexson in the lineup and it is amazing what a difference he is making so far. Sounds like he's iffy for tonight's game against the LosAngeles Angels of Anaheim, California, United States of America, North America, Planet Earth.

Fallout from the Sheffield incident. The Red Sox have revoked the season tickets of the guy who swiped at Sheffield and banned the guy who spilled the beer from buying tickets at Fenway for the rest of the year.

Holy crap- the Yankees just got 13 runs in the bottom of the 2nd against Tampa Bay.

Someone tell Steinbrenner he can lighten up.

I'd love to be able to hear Lou Pinella's comments in the dugout during that inning. I'm guessing they aren't PG-13.

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    Holy crap- the Yankees just got 13 runs in the bottom of the 2nd against Tampa Bay.

Someone tell Steinbrenner he can lighten up.
    13 runs?! Steinbrenner will probably take credit.

I may be going to Anaheim on Saturday to see the Angels play the A's. (I'm spending the weekend in So. Cal). It'll give me the chance to wear my Barry Zito jersey at a road game.

Okay, I was sitting here innocently working and listening to the M's game in the background while sipping on a Diet Coke. Then the M's radio announcer Dave Niehaus decides to say that do up next is the Big Sexy. I am now blotting Diet Coke out of my blouse. Apparently that is his new nickname for Richie Sexson. Dave could have warned me to put the beverage down.

Oh, you KNOW he took credit. That guy is a such a jerk. Good timing on his part- wait until the Yankees are home and playing TAMPA and it'll make him look like a genius.

sleepysluggo, have fun watching the A's! I interned for them during spring training last year. I'm not a fan, but it sure was fun working for them!

Ahhh....the Giants are slumping so badly right now!!
    I love you J.J. Abrams for "LOST" AND "ALIAS"!!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn. -Joss Whedon (Firefly and Buffy ROCK too! )

Nomar went down last night trying to run out of the batters box on a ground ball. It was ugly, and obviously a serious injury. They speculated muscle tear, and today it is confirmed. Likely out for two months, and perhaps even the season.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I saw it happen. Bogus. The Cubs are having another injury riddled season, and we are hardly two weeks in. I hope Walker gets back soon.

Zambrano looked great last night, though. Hawkins almost spoiled it, but luckily whoever hit that last ball didn't quite get all of it.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

MRI is done. ESPN reports he will miss 2-3 months, and may need surgery.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2042685
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread