+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 MLB Season

It didn't look like it to me, however, what was he thinking? The ball was in play, Sheffield was making a play, and the guy is getting in the way. He shoulda been tossed either way....whether he was swiping at the ball or at Sheffield.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    It didn't look like it to me, however, what was he thinking? The ball was in play, Sheffield was making a play, and the guy is getting in the way. He shoulda been tossed either way....whether he was swiping at the ball or at Sheffield.
    I also don't think the other guy meant to throw his beer at Sheffield. I think it kind of slipped as he was falling backwards.

The one guy definitely didn't mean to spill his beer....but what the heck was the one guy who allegedly "took a swipe" at Sheffield doing? I just watched it again a couple of times, and it didn't look like he was going after the ball either. I don't know what he was doing.

MLB and the BoSox are investigating.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I don't think the guy meant to hit Sheffield in the face, but he did. I give Sheffield credit for not majorly losing it- he can really have a temper. I've never been a fan of Sheffield, but I thought he handled himself well, considering. He did push the guy back but if you all of a sudden got hit in the face out of nowhere you'd react, too. The security guard did a great job of taking care of things before they got crazy.

It's just a shame because the series between the Yanks and BoSox have been fairly clean so far, which is rare when you look at the past couple of seasons. Both teams have been respectful and have just played the game, then this idiot has to ruin it by doing something stupid.

That security guard did a great job. One of the local sports radio hosts just said that Sheffield should at least take the guy to dinner for reacting so fast.

I'm hoping, yet again, that the Cubbies find their way to the top of the heap .....

Well at least we lost efficiently today. One hour and 39 minutes. 2-1 Chicago.

Losing efficiently is always a good thing.

Was it really that short of a game, Mariner?! I've never heard of a game being so short!

Side note: I'm thrilled the Twins are playing so well lately!

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    Losing efficiently is always a good thing.

Was it really that short of a game, Mariner?! I've never heard of a game being so short!

Side note: I'm thrilled the Twins are playing so well lately!
    It really was. It was unbelievable. I went to take a little nap because I was out late last night (Girls night), and I woke up early this morning. When I woke up 45 minutes into the game it was the sixth inning. I was thinking WTH??

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    It really was. It was unbelievable. I went to take a little nap because I was out late last night (Girls night), and I woke up early this morning. When I woke up 45 minutes into the game it was the sixth inning. I was thinking WTH??
    I was close. I though it was 1h 45mins. Franklin has had a great season so far, too bad we just can't hit off of Buerhle (other than Ich). Man I hope Sexson gets over the flu soon though cause it's killing us not having him in the heart of the order.

+ Reply to Thread