+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brooke Gordon versus Jeff Gordon

Brooke Gordon versus Jeff Gordon

Brooke Gordon is filing for half of Jeff's estimated $48 million dollar wealth in the divorce case. They reside in Florida, which has a law about splitting wealth acquired during marriage 50%.

However, Jeff is filing a countersuit, claiming that he shouldn't have to split his money because he risked his life to earn it.

What do YOU think?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I don't think the law spells out "except if you did something really dangerous to get the money".
    I haven't heard about this in a while, but apparently he was the gal in every town type. Look for some Palimony for this boy too.

Eny, been meaning to tell you for a long time that I love your new av and sig.

My thoughts on this are kind of mixed. I've heard that she had to sign something that forbid her from talking about the reason for their breakup.

I certainly think she's entitled to something, but I'm not sure about 50%. Many people will disagree with me, I'm quite sure, but I honestly don't see how her presence in his life and their marriage makes him good at what he does.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    From a contemporary report before the Mrs. was was gagged by the court'

Brooke Gordon, wife of NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon, filed for divorce on Friday after more than seven years of marriage. Their marriage is "irretrievably broken as a result of the husband's marital misconduct," according to the document. The couple has no children.

Jeff Gordon, 30, is a four-time Winston Cup winner and has twice won the Daytona 500. Brooke Gordon has frequently been on hand at races to cheer her husband.

Brooke Gordon, 30, wants exclusive use of the couple's 23,095-square-foot oceanfront home in Highland Beach, valued at $9 million for tax purposes.

The couple also owns a second home on Palm Beach, according to the divorce petition filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court. She is asking that her husband continue to pay the salaries of the daytime and evening housekeepers, maintenance workers and the chef at the Highland Beach home.

She is also seeking alimony, the Porsche and the Mercedes 600 SL, and periodic use of their boats and the Falcon 200 airplane owned by one of their companies.

Georgia Newman, a lawyer for Fisher & Bendeck in West Palm Beach, one of two firms representing Brooke Gordon, said the firm intends to "ensure that Mrs. Gordon is treated equitably, particularly in light of the fact that he's become such a good success during their marriage

23,095 square feet? Bet she doesn't do the dusting

First of all , Jeff Gordon is my favorite driver, and he seems like a good guy. He gives a lot of his time and money to charities, and claims to be a devout Christian.

Now, I never heard that he had other women on the side, even though I liked to tell people that I was one of them from time to time.

Brooke was there by his side in winner's circle almost every time he won a race. I'm sure she spent a lot, if not most of her time helping, supporting, and being there for him and his racing. I doubt it's easy giving all of your time to support your spouse, and being scared to death every time he got in his race car. But 50%? Wow.

I think she should get something good out of the deal. But a 23,000 sq ft home, 2 luxury cars, use of the boats and plane, AND salaries for the workers in her home, plus alimony?! Come on! She wasn't the one driving the car. She was the one sitting there looking pretty in the pits.:rolleyes

Brooke needs a house, a car, some money, (and with $20 million dollars, she can hire her own damn housekeepers.)

eny
    FORT Fogey
    On smoking gun ( I love those guys ) they have the documents where they are fighting over the ownership of certain surveilance tapes. I bet I know whats on those tapes, why the Mrs. wants to keep custody of them, and why the judge was convinced to put a gag order on the proceedings.Jeffy was a naughty boy even at home.

If ya do the crime you have to do the time....
    If you want to do stuff like that- don't get married. Very Simple.

If ya do the crime you have to do the time....
    If you want to do stuff like that- don't get married. Very
    Simple.
    have to agree with you on that one!
    it would be interesting to see what was on those tapes, though...

Interestingly enough, the lawyers for Brooke got a subpoena for the team's financial records that he races for, which is how they figured his $48 million net worth. But apparently that wasn't good enough, so they also tried to subpoena the finacial records of all of Jeff's competitors, to find out how much THEY make, to see if it was equitable.

Needless to say, his competitors are telling the lawyers to jag off, and the lawyers are saying they're being hamstrung. I just get a laugh out of that whole thing.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I knew it was going to be ugly when she filed with "marital misconduct".You have to believe she had iron clad proof before going to the lawyer.
    No kids to fight over so just the cash.
    He seems like such a nice guy, but thats how the smooth ones work

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by glennajo
    Brooke was there by his side in winner's circle almost every time he won a race. I'm sure she spent a lot, if not most of her time helping, supporting, and being there for him and his racing. I doubt it's easy giving all of your time to support your spouse, and being scared to death every time he got in his race car. But 50%? Wow.
    If I were Brooke's attorney, I'd be figuring in not only the time she spent doing that, but the marketing value of it. She's a gorgeous woman who contributed much to his image and marketability. If he had a girl in every carport, then I say go for it, Brooke.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast