+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: NASCAR News

Harvick to Penske?

From Jayski's
    Harvick to Penske? The biggest question facing #2 [and #12, #77] owner Roger Penske this season is signing someone to take Rusty Wallace's place [after he retires at the end of 2005]. The most obvious answer, of course, is Jamie McMurray, who is already in the Dodge camp and driving Wallace's Busch cars. But McMurray is still under contract to Chip Ganassi [supposedly thru 2007], whose rivalry with Penske is well-known and who is not going to give up his own No. 1 driver easily. Penske shies away from even talking about McMurray. "I will tell you at this point I have not even had one conversation with Jamie McMurray about driving on this race team," Penske insisted. "Yes, he would be a great driver, but he's already under contract with Chip." One name that has just come up on Penske's tentative list, according to sources, is Kevin Harvick, who has been driving for Richard Childress since Dale Earnhardt's death in 2001. Miller Brewing, a longtime Penske-Wallace sponsor, has been pressuring the team for more results, in light of the impressive performance by Bud-sponsored rival Dale Earnhardt Jr. In fact, Miller execs, according to sources, have wanted Penske to bring Ryan Newman, Wallace's teammate - sometimes estranged teammate, as at the moment - into the Miller sponsorship fold.(in part from the Winston Salem Journal)(2-5-2005)

ARCA News

posting this since ARCA is a minor league stock car league

From the ThatsRacing.com site
    http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/10838985.htm

Speed Channel plans live ARCA coverage

ThatsRacin.com Report

Speed Channel plans to air 14 ARCA RE/MAX Series races in 2005, each scheduled for live broadcast.

"Speed Channel and ARCA have a strong relationship dating back to 1997," said Rick Miner, senior vice president programming/production and executive producer. "The ARCA RE/MAX Series provides great racing with wonderful story lines, already scoring some of the best motorsports ratings on the network."

The 2005 broadcast coverage will begin Saturday afternoon at Daytona International Speedway with live, flag-to-flag coverage of the Advance Discount Auto Parts 200 season opener.

In addition to Daytona, events scheduled for live coverage in '05 include both at Nashville Superspeedway on March 26 and Aug. 13, both at Michigan International Speedway on June 17 and Aug. 19, and both at Toledo Speedway on May 22 and Sept. 2. The Milwaukee Mile on June 4, Pocono Raceway on June 11, Kansas Speedway on July 2, Kentucky Speedway on July 8, Gateway International Raceway on July 29, Chicagoland Speedway on Sept. 10 and season finale at Talladega Superspeedway will round out the remaining 14 events
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    Given the chance, I wouldn't mind seeing a lot more women in the sport. That would give some of the drivers something to think about. Of course, not the Wallace boy that bragged he was going to wreck Shanna whatshername at Daytona and then bumped her in turn 3 about 7 laps in the race. I think that was Mike Wallace.
    Ilikai, yes it was Mike Wallace and I believe it was at Atlanta Motor Speedway after she (Shawna Robinson) won the pole in the Busch race. Every since then I haven't liked Mike even though his brother Rusty is my favorite. Shawna was never the same driver after that.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

We're getting close to racing time. Has anyone thought about setting up a league yet? I checked ESPN.com and it looks like they're open for business...

I was checking that too, will have to see if Joeguy wants set it up again or not. Joe, you better let us know soon!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Its up and running, PM me for the join up info.

I know Glennajo, took espn long enought to get it going, wasn't there last monday.

in the location box, put your name and in the nickname box what the team is called.....ie: Location: joeguys nickname: jems .......so the name comes up, joeguys jem, joeguy that way it comes out looking right.
    Last edited by joeguy; 02-12-2005 at 06:10 AM.

forgot to add..........all the people from last year should be able to use your membership from last year to sign in.....i was able to.

Signed up

crap, missed the bud shoot out and the arca race, 3am is not the time to realise I screwed up!!!!!!

I'm good to go Can't wait to get racin'....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast