+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: NASCAR News

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Kurt Busch is a punk. I don't like him.
    no he's not! he is a miopic little turd.

I always knew he would embarrass the Champion title and was just waiting. He needs to be taken in the back of the trailor and have the snot beaten out of him and then anger management classes.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Kenny Wallace to drive the 97 car at Phoenix!!!!

Kurt's last call

By JIM UTTER

ThatsRacin.com

AVONDALE, Ariz. - Roush Racing has suspended reigning Nextel Cup champion Kurt Busch for the final two races of the season because concerns over his citation Friday night for reckless driving.
    Busch will not be allowed to drive in Sunday's Checker Auto Parts 500 at Phoenix International Raceway and next week's season-finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

NASCAR Busch Series driver Kenny Wallace will replace Busch at Phoenix, while Roush Craftsman Truck Series driver will be behind the wheel in the Ford 400 next weekend. Wallace worked with Busch's No. 97 crew Sunday morning to make sure he would be comfortable in Busch's seat.

Busch's team is sponsored in part by Crown Royal, which promotes an extensive drink responsibly ad campaign.

Friday night, Busch was spotted driving about 60 mph in a 45 mph zone by a Maricopa County sheriff's deputy and pulled over.

Busch was argumentative and uncooperative, said Lt. Paul Chagolla, a spokesman for the sheriff's department. The deputy detected the smell of alcohol on his breath, Busch refused a field sobriety test and was taken into custody and transported to the sheriff's office's temporary facility at the raceway, Chagolla told ThatsRacin.com.

At the facility, a blood-alcohol test was attempted on Busch but the machine "malfunctioned," Chagolla said. Busch was then released with the criminal citation for reckless driving.

Busch said later Saturday alcohol was not involved.

Busch's car owner, Jack Roush, said Saturday he would not take any action.
    http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/13158696.htm

I love Kenny Wallace. Kenny announced this on the Speed channel this morning and I was jumping around the living room with excitement.

Finally Kurt Busch gets what's coming to him. Wonder how his new sponsor Miller Lite will feel about his irresponsible drinking?

I'm glad they did it, but I wonder if Roush would have done it if Kurt wasn't leaving the team at the end of the season.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    well I bet the sponcer had a lot to do with it too. way to go Roush

Kurt denied that alcohol had anything to do with it during the pre-race show. I swear I read somewhere this morning that the officer said he either smelled it or something. Maybe I was wrong about that?. I heard the breathalyzer malfunctioned, so it would be hard to prove it either way.

it was in the article Glenna.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Let's call it a brain fart and move on.

A big tip of the hat to Jack for suspending him. I'm really surprised NASCAR didn't. Even if you take away the alcohol, he still tried to evade the police. Nice role model, jerk.

but is anyone surprised at his behavior?

+ Reply to Thread