+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Australian Open 2005

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    You're not a fan of Sharapova? I hear the scores of "Me too!" miles away, even in the female players locker room. I hope that Serena or Lindsay wins the Women's Singles too.

And who knows Marat Safin comes out with a better match display than the Hewitt-Nalbandian one and maybe, just maybe wins Federer.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by unexplained
    You're not a fan of Sharapova? I hear the scores of "Me too!" miles away, even in the female players locker room. I hope that Serena or Lindsay wins the Women's Singles too.

And who knows Marat Safin comes out with a better match display than the Hewitt-Nalbandian one and maybe, just maybe wins Federer.
    The sad thing is that I like Federer. There's nothing not to like about him. He's just too good. I don't like predictablity. Hence, I am rooting for him to lose.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Likes him but wants him to lose? I'm alike that. I like Hewitt but I don't like the new girlfriend. So I was supporting David Nalbandian just now.

Here is a funny article about Hewitt.

Funny quotes includes:

Anyone walking past a tennis player's locker room and hearing a series of screams, grunts and groans would normally be inclined to ignore it on the assumption that it was only Maria Sharapova rehearsing for her latest match. However, it now appears that it might actually be Lleyton Hewitt getting duffed up by one of his fellow professionals.

Hewitt and Nadal were clad from head to foot in identical colours, and the only way to tell them apart was that one was wearing his cap back to front and the other was wearing shorts that came down to his shins. They looked like a pair of Fred Perry's old trousers that had been badly shrunk in the laundry.

There was much "C'moning" from Hewitt during this period, though it would have been drowned out in any event by Nadal's grunting. If he and Sharapova ever get romantically attached and are booked into the honeymoon suite, you'd have to move hotels, never mind floors.

You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Those quotes are priceless. Thanks for sharing.

I watched the Molik/Davenport match and it was easily the best game of the championship so far on the woman's side. Wait.....it was the only match I saw on the woman's side.

Anywho, I was cheering for Molik, because I normally cheer for the underdog. Davenport is an amazing player, she is just so consistant. Why did she cut her hair though? I liked it when it was long.

Anybody know where Jennifer Cap. has been? Not that I am missing her, but just was wondering where she was. And what about Paoula Suerez (spl)?

I also loved the Davenport/Molik match. It was fascinating and excellent tennis. I agree with Unexplained that Molik is an up and coming star of the future. I hope so. Right now, she seems to have a great personality and be well-liked. I hope she keeps it as she moves up the ranks.

We haven't seen the Hewitt/Malbandian match here. After another lengthy match like that, it would seem Roddick will have the advantage as far as being rested is concerned.

I agree with Mariner and UE, I'd like too see Lindsay or Serena win as well though preferably Serena. I can't stand Sharapova either. As for the men, I'd like it to be a Safin vs. Roddick final and I wouldn't mind who won but I think Federer is definitely going to win.

Thanks for the great article UE, Hewitt's coach seems just as bad and I hope Roddick beats him. Hewitt has some major issues, he needs to remember that he was barely ranked in the top 20 not too long ago.

AI, Jennifer Capriati has a shoulder injury so she withdrew a few weeks before the tournament began.

Not looking good for Serena so far. Miss Grunt (Sharapova) won the first set 6-2 and Serena is spraying her groundstrokes into the net. Aack.

Thanks for the heads-up Mariner! I am going to tune in now.

ETA: My dislike for Maria is so high. Her grunts, her clutched fists, just everything about her. I really like she has gotten into the head of Serena, and Serena just has a huge dislike for her and it is affecting the way she is playing. I really want her to win.
    Last edited by AIWANNABE; 01-26-2005 at 10:26 PM.

Bad call at crucial points againest Serena. Serena had break point 4-3, 30-40, and Maria hits a ball out, and they call it in. Serena obviously mad, chair umpire does nothing. Serena then loses the game.

ARG! I wish they could challenge a call like in football. Maybe they could have 3 a game or something.

+ Reply to Thread