+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Australian Open 2005

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Roger Federer SUI (1) 6 6 6
    Andre Agassi USA (8) 3 4 4

I want Agassi to get one last run to the top.

Serena Williams USA (7) 6 6
    Amelie Mauresmo FRA (2) 2 2

I just want a Williams to win.
    I agree, I want Agassi to win another slam as well, he's talked about retirement and it would be nice for him to go out on top.

I also want a Williams to win, I thought Venus was playing quite well before her loss so it's a shame she's out but Alicia was playing out of her mind. I'm glad Serena beat Mauresmo, she's playing well and I hope she beats Maria, I'd like to see a Serena vs. Lindsay final with Serena winning. I read Serena's interview after her match and she seemed pretty pissed off at the suggestions that she needs to win this tournament to prove to everyone that the Williams' are still a force in tennis, she was mad and I'm not surprised!

I was sorry to see Agassi's loss. I certainly respect Federer's talent, but tennis gets very boring for me when any one player, male or female, is completely dominant.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Exactly Florimel. I agree. That's why I'm anticipating which man can beat Federer at his game.

Alicia Molik is proving to be a force to be reckon with. She's gutsy. In the 10th game of the third set, she broke Lindsay's serve to level, 5-5, after Lindsay broke hers earlier on in the game and she was then serving for the match at 5-4. Linday leads, 6-4, 4-6, ...

Incredible tennis from the women. It's still on...
    Last edited by unexplained; 01-25-2005 at 11:33 PM.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Thanks for the heads up unexplained! I am NEVER able to catch it, especially a women's match. I am definetly tuning in, even though it is getting late.

Thanks for the heads up. For some stupid reason, they aren't showing it live here. We are at 1-0 Molik in the third.

Your welcome, AI and Mariner.

I knew there was a reason why I like Lindsay a lot. She's really humble. She served out in the third match, 9-7. Thus winning, 6-4, 4-6, 9-7. After the last winning shot, she marched right to the net and said "Thank You" to Alicia for a great match.

No rubbing in your face, "I win! Yes Yes".
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Hewitt vs. Nalbandian. What a battle! Much alike the previous one before with Nadal.

6-3, 6-2, 1-6, 3-6, 10-8.
    Last edited by unexplained; 01-26-2005 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unexplained
    Hewitt vs. Nalbandian. What a battle! Much alike the previous one before with Nadal.

6-3, 6-2, 1-6, 3-6, 10-8.
    Hewitt won 10-8 in the fifth set?!? Wow. Keep in mind it's not yet 6 am here and I'm awake for no particular reason.

ETA: I went and read about the match. I love that Hewitt managed to tick off Nalbandian too by brushing shoulders with him on a changeover. He is such a prickly guy. I don't see Hewitt pulling it off against Roddick though in the semis. Roddick is rested and playing well. Hewitt has had to battle his way to the semis and has looked shaky.
    Last edited by Mariner; 01-26-2005 at 09:05 AM.

Wow, not before 6 am, can't sleep Mariner?

But I fear Roddick meeting Federer, assuming Federer zooms past Safin tomorrow, because Roddick's track record against Federer in finals are horrible.

Yeah, I can't sleep. I agree with you UE. I don't see anyone other than Federer winning on the men's side. He's just so darn good. Who knows though. As far as the women, I'd like to see Serena or Lindsey win. I am not that big a Sharapova fan.

+ Reply to Thread