+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Australian Open 2005

Let's put it this way. My serve is better than hers and I partially tore my rotator cuff a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Let's put it this way. My serve is better than hers and I partially tore my rotator cuff a few years ago.
    I'm surprised she's still with the same coach, you could teach her a thing or two!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic277
    I'm surprised she's still with the same coach, you could teach her a thing or two!
    There is something comforting about watching a highly-ranked player serve like crap. If she could fix that problem, she'd be a formidable opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    There is something comforting about watching a highly-ranked player serve like crap. If she could fix that problem, she'd be a formidable opponent.
    I agree, the rest of her game is solid and she's had great wins even with the bad serve but when it comes down to it, she's never going to win a grand slam with that serve and she's said that is her goal so I would've thought she'd do everything in her power to improve it. If her serve doesn't improve, she's going to have to be content with being ranked six or so because she's never going to beat Serena, Lindsay, Amelie, Maria etc. certainly not on a regular basis.

Roddick's getting a test from a young German Kohlschreibber (sp?), but he's up 2 sets to none after winning a second set tiebreaker 8-6.

Roddick crushed him in the third set.
    Last edited by Mariner; 01-23-2005 at 09:47 PM.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    *plants self in front of tv for the Hewitt-Nadal battle*

Myskina lost.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

UE,
    Let us know what's happening. They aren't showing it here right now.

Mariner. What a shame not to show such a good match.

Nadal is playing superbly, chasing every ball. He just broke Hewitt's first serve. So he's up 2-0.

They're wearing the exact same Nike shirt and shoes. But not the shorts though. Nadal is still sticking to the 3/4 ones.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

I can't believe they aren't showing it either. The ESPN coverage ended after the Roddick match. I want to see Nadal running around with his ridiculous shorts. Darn you ESPN.

I want to see Nadal running around with his ridiculous shorts.

Well Hewitt broke back and they're up to 4-4. The 9th game served by Hewitt was nail-biting. Hewitt serving out just to stay in the set and Nadal trying to break for a 5-4 adavantage. Hewitt holds.

Nadal serves and Hewitt is on a breakpoint, set-point (30-40). [EDIT]: Nadal holds for 5-5.

Nadal's forehand winners Just beautiful.

[EDIT:] I sense a tie-breaker coming up in the first set. Hewitt just, irritatingly, got the first set when he broke the 12th game served by Nadal for 7-5 set win.
    Last edited by unexplained; 01-24-2005 at 01:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread