+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Australian Open 2005

12 am? Aack. Because I'm in Seattle that's 3 pm here. For once, it's an advantage.

And, you are right. The upcoming matches are looking fun. I like the first week of a major championship, but the second week rocks.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I agree the second week rocks. I like Hewitt as a player but his on-court antics are getting on my nerves too. Plus the fact that the crowd constantly coos about his "brand new" celebrity girlfriend. :rolleyes

I am always fond of the Spainards and thus I'm partially rooting for Nadal, the young prodigy. But I'm really torn.

Federer - Agassi. Extremely enticing. And the winner of this match would probably meet Marat Safin in the Semis. What fun.

And trust me, Sharapova's grunts won't win her points in her Quarter final match. Svetlana Kuznetsova detest her very being with a vengence. Interesting...

Serena - Amelie Mauresmo. Another delicious treat of a match.

This GrandSlam is the only one I get to watch without suffering from any lack of sleep. I get to watch full matches too. Melbourne and Singapore are only 3+ hours difference.
    Last edited by unexplained; 01-23-2005 at 02:31 PM.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

UE, I've missed something here. Who is the brand new celebrity girlfriend? Last I knew, he had proposed to Kim Clijsters. (I dislike his assness enough not to pay attention to him when I can avoid it.)

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Yeah, you missed it. He did propose to her but they broke off their engagement of the end of last year. Something about mothers not being able to get along and squabbles on the wedding.

Here's a tabloid article.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

UE. I'm betting Momma Hewitt is going to love the soap star even more than a great tennis player. If Kim really did dump him on the phone, that's pretty harsh though.
    Last edited by Mariner; 01-23-2005 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    12 am? Aack. Because I'm in Seattle that's 3 pm here. For once, it's an advantage.
    Now I'm jealous, not only do you get too see the American players in action, you also see the matches at a good time!

As for Hewitt, I don't care for him either, his shouting is too much and sometimes he's straight up rude. I saw a bit of his last much and he was shouting "come on" even when the other guy made a mistake so I'm not surprised the other guy was angry. James Blake even talked about it after his match with Hewitt. As for his new girlfriend, I saw her during his match and she looks a lot like Kim Clijsters to me!

The new girlfriend looks like Kim? Rebound much Hewitt? I used to like Hewitt. That ended with the incident at the U.S. Open in his match against Blake where he insinuated that a linesman was making calls in favor of Blake because both Blake and the linesman were black. Blake's mother is from England. I wonder if Hewitt would accuse a Wimbledon linesperson of favoring him too. :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    The new girlfriend looks like Kim? Rebound much Hewitt?
    It's too bad Kim's not there as I'd love to hear her response on the relationship, I'm sure someone would ask her a question or ten on it!
    I used to like Hewitt. That ended with the incident at the U.S. Open in his match against Blake where he insinuated that a linesman was making calls in favor of Blake because both Blake and the linesman were black. Blake's mother is from England. I wonder if Hewitt would accuse a Wimbledon linesperson of favoring him too. :rolleyes
    I forgot about that incident until it was mentioned in the press after their match the other day, apparently, Blake applauded one of Hewitt's shots and Hewitt never acknowledged it.

Blake applauded more than once when Hewitt hit a winner. He's just a generally classy guy. Lleyton was Lleyton and failed to exhibit any sign of good sportsmanship at all.

I agree about Blake being a classy guy, he seems like one of the nicest players on tour.

Anyway, the funniest story for me at this years event is about Elena Dementieva who's serve is just as bad as it ever was. She claims it's improved as she's worked on it yet she's served 16 double faults in just 3 matches!

+ Reply to Thread