+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Open 2005

For anyone who didn't see Nadal's outfit, here's a picture:

[IMG]images/img/nadal.jpg[/IMG]

Do they air a variety of matches there? They mostly air mens matches here and I prefer watching the womens, Serena Williams is my favorite player and I have yet to see her play.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic277
    Do they air a variety of matches there? They mostly air mens matches here and I prefer watching the womens, Serena Williams is my favorite player and I have yet to see her play.
    Yes, they do Fanatic. They show more of the men's, but and this is a shocker I know, they show pretty much all of the top American women's matches and some of the other women's matches.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    ESPN, Star Sports here shows a variety of matches here, both men's and women's regardless of ranking.

On yesterday's last match, I admire Dent's beautiful volleys but Agassi just over-powered him.

My favourite player, Juan Carlos Ferrero just lost his match. Another depressing year..
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Sorry, UE. Smashnova just broke Venus to start their match.

Roddick cruised through the third round in three sets over Melzer. He looked like he barely broke a sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Sorry, UE. Smashnova just broke Venus to start their match.
    Venus seems to be playing well in this years event, she beat Smashnova 6-3, 6-0. Do you think she can beat Alicia Molik? I'd like to see Venus go far but Alicia is playing really well herself and I think Venus needs to play her best tennis to beat her.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic277
    Venus seems to be playing well in this years event, she beat Smashnova 6-3, 6-0. Do you think she can beat Alicia Molik? I'd like to see Venus go far but Alicia is playing really well herself and I think Venus needs to play her best tennis to beat her.
    I think it should be a great match. It could go either way. Are you getting to see any of the women's matches now Fanatic?

We just saw Farina Elia take the first set from Sharapova. I almost didn't realize it was on right now.

ETA: I so hope Nadal can beat Hewitt. I didn't see the last Hewitt match, but it sounds like he was just as much of an ass as usual.
    Last edited by Mariner; 01-23-2005 at 01:48 PM.

The only womens matches they usually show here are the Sharapova matches and I don't really care for her so I don't watch them but today, they showed the Serena Williams match which I caught the end of. They should air all of the womens matches now that it's getting down to the wire, I know they'll air them live which which will start at 12am here but I hope they repeat the matches again during the day. In the mens draw, I'm really looking forward to Agassi Vs. Federer, that should be a great match. Also, things aren't getting any easier for Venus, if she beats Alicia, she could play Lindsay Davenport and they've played each other 22 times so that should also be great match.

+ Reply to Thread