+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Open 2005

Thanks for the explanation Fanatic.

You're welcome Mariner.

Are there any particular matches you're looking forward to tonight? I'm looking forward to Roddicks match (I always do for the obvious reasons ) because his opponent has a huge serve too, so it should be a great match.

Me too. I want to see Federer/Roddick down the road.

Oooh, it's Hewitt v. Blake later. I'm really looking forward to the match. I've always liked Blake. Davenport survived a scare versus a Czech named Pastikova I've never heard of. She had to come from a set down. It looked like she sort of turned it on midway through the second set when she realized she could be out already. An obscure American Reynolds upset the 17th seeded Pavel. The ESPN announcers are having way too much fun with Nadal's "shorts." Mary Carillo has dubbed them gondolier pants. Someone else compared them to 1950's pedal pushers. To me, it looks like he shrunk a pair of Bill Tilden's old full length pants.

I just realized three of my favorites Shinobi(spl), Ai, and Mary Pierce have all been eliminated.

Venus looked impressive tonight. Blake/Hewitt is a great match so far. Blake won the first set and it's 3-3 in a second set tiebreaker. This is truly impressive after Blake's injury last year and the death of his father.

ETA: Holy Bejeesus! What a great tiebreaker. Hewitt (who is still an ass) prevailed 10-8 after a lot of great points.
    Last edited by Mariner; 01-20-2005 at 02:37 AM.

Crap. The lack of match play in the last many months for Blake catches up with him and Hewitt wins in four sets.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    What a tie breaker between Hewitt and Blake. But who won that tie-breaker would take it all the way, Hewitt did.

Nadal's shorts, hilarious. I was commenting that he has the same shirt with Federer (that Nike aquamarine one) but why is the shorts different.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Goofy shorts aside, Nadal coming back from a match point down in the fourth set to win in five was impressive. I can't believe he's only 18. My fellow lefty is fun to watch.

I agree Mariner, Nadal was definitely impressive and I think his game will take him far. As for his shorts, the commentators here were calling it a skirt!

+ Reply to Thread