+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Australian Open 2005

I just started watching, darn! Serena lost the first set 6-2, and it's on serve 3-2 (Serena) in the second set. Hopfully she can turn it around like the Sharapova match.

ETA: Serena just won the second set 6-3 after after 6 break points againest her at 2-2.
    Last edited by AIWANNABE; 01-28-2005 at 10:54 PM.

Serena won the final set 6-0. Davenport just lost it after 2-2 in the second set. First time a number seven seed as won the Aussie Open. It is also her seventh major championship.

Serena left after the first set (I believe) because of a rib malfunction. The commentators weren't buying it just thinking that she was tight. I think they just said first time in six years (seems a little high) that she didn't have to beat her sister.

She is now number 2 in the world with this win. I wonder why Venus wasn't there.

I know this is late, but I was surprised to see on the men's side numbers 1, 2, 3, & 4 all in the semi-finals. It is odd to see that.

Venus lost to Alicia Molik in the fourth round. I think what they were talking about was that this was the first grand slam in six years that Serena won without having to beat her sister.

Davenport just crashed and burned in the final set. Hope tomorrow's game is more of a battle.
    I rather lurk than post.

I'm definitely rooting for Safin tomorrow after he conquered Roger Federer, whom many thought he was unbeatable and that is one hell of a feat to beat him. And damn it, serena williams beat davenport; davenport's errors were coming fast and furious in the last 10 games and she didnt even like stop for a moment after losing or winning a point.
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Everybody chant together now "Go Safin!!!!"

I'm not sure what happened to Lindsay in the third set. It was odd how she rushed points, making seriously odd unforced errors. Late trying to catch a plane back to USA, maybe?

Wow, Margeret Court gave away the trophies. She is a legend. I never got the oppurtunity to see her play live but she won a lot of titles in her tennis career.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Aargh. Hewitt won the first set of the men's final 6-1. They are on serve in the second with Safin ahead 2-1. I have got to go to bed. I am meeting a friend in eight and a half hours at Safeco Field for the annual Mariners Fanfest.

Safin won the second set 6-3 and Hewitt led 4-1 in the third but Safin just broke back and it's now 4-4. Hopefully Safin can get it back together to win.

Safin won.

1-6 6-3 6-4 6-4
    Last edited by ravs; 01-30-2005 at 06:45 AM.
    I rather lurk than post.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Safin won!
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

+ Reply to Thread