+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    The Steelers game was the best game ALL season!

I sure hope they go to the Super Bowl, the definitely deserve it.

Couldn't agree with you more Maveno. They definitely deserve a place in the Super Bowl. Let's pray they can make it happen *fingers crossed*
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Premium Member
    A Dome team has never won on the road in an AFC or NFC championship game. The closest a road Dome team has come was when the Jim Harbaugh Colts team lost to the Neil O'Donnell Steelers in Pittsburgh.
    The Falcons are in an interesting spot though, they are a Dome team on the road this weekend, the weather for Sunday here in Philly will be 20 degrees with wind gust from 20 to 30 mph, this is after a snowstorm that may dump anywhere from 6 to 12 inches here. (The stadium folks claim the snow will all be removed from the field by kick-off) Now normally the wind gust and cold would reek havoc on a Dome team, but, in that kind of weather, the passing game is drastically minimized, which is the Eagles strength. In this kind of weather, a team that predominately runs the ball is definitely at an advantage, and nobody in the NFC runs the ball any better than the Falcons. Because of this bizarre factor, for the first time the weather factor favors the Dome team in this scenario. Given all of the variables, the Eagles would have pummeled the Falcons if they played in the Dome, but due to the weather, the game is a toss up, go figure!
    In the Steelers game, the league now has film on Big Ben and is beginning to figure him out, and in the the last 7 games, he has thrown as many interceptions as he has touchdown passes. And who plays better in bad weather than the Patriots! I don't think there is any way that Bill Bellichek (hope I spelled it right) lets a rookie outsmart him. But, Duce and the Bus will keep the game close. I do think the Patriots will win in the end, probably a Vinateri field goal.
    Regardless of who wins or losses, there is nothing better than a snowy blustery football game!!
    Just my opinion.

Premium Member
    They just updated the forecast here in Philly, the weather folks are now saying that anywhere from 12 to 16 inches of snow will hit Philly Saturday into Sunday, including falling snow during the first half of the game.
    On a personal note, I firmly believe that weather people throw a dart at a dartboard to pick their forecast, but if in this case if they are right, then there is no way that the football field will be free of snow. The snow accumulation along with the wind will probably completely diminish the passing game in the first half, (The Eagles utilize the passing game as most teams utilize the run game) this would be a huge advantage for the Falcons.

FORT Fogey
    Actually Roz, the Falcons have already won on the road in the NFC Championship as a dome team. Granted, it was in a dome(Minnesota) but they did win on the road. Btw that was one of the best games ever. Why? Cuz I hate the Vikings! I hate the Eagles but was glad to see them beat the pants off the Vikings.

My entire family picks playoff games and I was the only one to pick the Patriots. My dad got so overconfident on it and I said,"No way, Patriots are gonna win," so we bet a dollar(yes a whole dollar, I'm poor) on it. Bwah! I won! The Pats are awesome and shouldn't have been underestimated when they have the Colts number and were at home. Which is why I picked them.

Now for this weekend. I'm much more a Patriots fan than a Steelers fan. I also think the Patriots, after completely dominating the Colts, will go to the SB. Had they have home field advantage I'd bet the house on it but since they're on the road it'll be much tougher. Should be a close low scoring game.

I love the Falcons(Warrick Dunn is my favorite player!! How about that game he had?) and have been rooting for them to go to the SB since they got Mike Vick. After seeing how crappy the NFC was, I felt they were the ones to do it. Philadelphia is becoming the new choke artists of the NFC(taking over for the Vikings) and despite the fact that the Falcons are a dome team, I think they can do it. They beat the Packers 2 years ago in the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field. So, they can win in the cold. I am rooting for them all the way!! Plus, like I said, I hate the Eagles. I wanna see them lose. Should be a very good game. But, without TO, the Eagles just don't have what it takes.

Impressive and dominating win by McNabb and the Eagles.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Impressive and dominating win by McNabb and the Eagles.
    Right now it's 10-0 New England. Pittsburgh is looking really shaky.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Right now it's 10-0 New England. Pittsburgh is looking really shaky.
    Whooooo-hooooo!!! That was fast!

FORT Fogey
    Now it's 17 - 3, New England.

WOW, it's just a few minutes later and Rodney Harrison scored another touchdown!

I love it.

Now it's 24 - 3, New England.
    Last edited by Pomeraniac; 01-23-2005 at 07:46 PM.

Thanks for the update, Pom. I took the dog out for a little walk and was scratching my head trying to figure out how New England scored 14 more points while I was gone.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Thanks for the update, Pom. I took the dog out for a little walk and was scratching my head trying to figure out how New England scored 14 more points while I was gone.
    Hey, you're welcome, Mariner. I'm just sorry to be the bearer of bad news (for you). And I'm also sorry that you missed seeing all the action.

But the main thing, the most important thing of all, is that you took the dog out for a little walk!!! That's what matters most, you know, more than any old football game. Yeah, my dogs were very glad to hear that you did that!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast