Closed Thread
Page 206 of 208 FirstFirst ... 106156196197198199200201202203204205206207208 LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2071

Thread: All Things Hockey

Originally posted by Wayner
    Thanks for the compliment. But um, that would be my SON, Miss F. It's an old pic. Sam is going to be crushed when finds out you thought he was a girl.

It'll make him tougher Wayner. Start calling him "The Enforcer" to keep that process moving.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    It'll make him tougher Wayner. Start calling him "The Enforcer" to keep that process moving.
    Or I could have his name changed to Marchment or McSoreley.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Honey , I want to change Sam's name to Tucker. Why ? Um well it's a name that will get him around the playground. Honey don't be so hard on hockey, have you seen Alyn MacCauley? No Don't look at Ricci...

Hey Brenda, those uniforms are bringing back lots of horrible memories. Don't these guys ever learn how scarring it is for a young person to have a fugly uniform? The seals eventually became the Northstars which became the Stars. They still have Green/yellow just not such an ugly version.
    The traffic cone Islanders one they just brought out is another one.Did they not learn their lesson when they put Capt'n Highliner on the jersey?

Kings beat the Avalanche last night at home

That felt really good. Anyways, I wanted to tell you guys about something pretty important that has been happening with the Kings. They reported a LOT of financial losses in the past years and many Kings fans have been skeptical that a team with so many fans could be losing money. One fan, a financial analyst sent a letter to the Kings' president asking to take a look at the books and report to the fans. Here is the report: (It basically says that the Kings are in fact losing money and puts blame on both the Kings organization and the NHL for this. It isn't a wholly negative report, he recognizes there are many possibilities to get out of the situation.)

This is the report:
    http://www.letsgokings.com/modules.p...rder=0&thold=0

And this is an article on it:
    http://archive.nytimes.com/2003/04/0...y/03kings.html
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Originally posted by Zaius
    Kings beat the Avalanche last night at home
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Last edited by Bill; 04-03-2003 at 07:10 PM.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Green and Gold are the Aussie colours. Its not that horrible to me. Just gives me bad cricket flashbacks.

The Avs are tards. They could practically overtake Vancouver last night and instead they choose to choke. I hope no one has the avs as their pick to win it all this year.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    That Kings report was interesting, though the references to the greek empire where .
    I have suspected franchises of having more than their share of cooked books.For example, not reporting revenue from T-shirt sales Etc. Any entertainment unit, Rolling Stones Etc , will tell you the money is made from the T-shirts, and not ticket sales.
    I tend to believe the Forbes report (and not just because I am one by birth) They tend to look at the bigger picture- good and bad.
    I do agree that some of the franchises have to go . Don't tell the folks in Alberta they have to give up a team though .
    Pick on New York - 3 teams , Or Pennsylvania with 2 . Cali with 3 .Florida definately only needs one team.

The Alberta teams get more turnout than New Jersey, Carolina, Atlanta, Nashville, Anaheim, NYI... Even Calgary has higher attendance this season and they're the worst team. FEWER Canadian teams? More would probably help Canadian hockey. Put a team back in Winnipeg.

See. Don't tell the folks in Alberta, we get all riled up. The places that love hockey have to lose it while folks in Tennesee get teams. WTF?!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    How could I forget Atlanta? Bob Hartley

The Kings deserve to win. They need to win to prove that Gretzky wasn't all that. Robitaille ?? I haven't forgiven him, and I'm not even a Kings fan.
    Course it would be nice to have the Avs win to show Hartley.
    It would be nicer for TO to win, but they play better at home , and don't have home ice because they lost it ....

Are we gonna start a new improved thread for the playoffs?

Oh yeah, how come Aussie colors are green/yellow, when the flag is red, white and bleu . Just curious..

I should've stayed in bed brenda's Avatar
    enygma,

You can't blame Robitaille for going to a team that wanted to pay him more money than the Kings. "It's not personal, it's business."

Which is pretty much what the Kings are saying when they traded all those guys at the deadline this year.

Closed Thread