Closed Thread

Thread: All Things Hockey

Here goes. Don't laugh.
    “But I hardly touched her!” Stephanie complained as the ref let her to the penalty box. “She dove! Call her for the dive too!”

Her team was losing the game 4-3 in the third period.

“How about cutting us a break of once?” Stephanie yelled as the timekeeper closed the door. Exasperated, Stephanie threw her gloves and stick on the floor of the box.

“She’s called us for twelve penalties in the game,” she muttered. “No wonder we’re losing. This happens every night!”

She looked up at the clock. Only 30 seconds left in her penalty, the team had nearly killed it off. Stephanie picked up her gloves and stick and got ready to jump on the ice. 10 seconds. 5 seconds.

The other team scored with 1 second left on her penalty. Furious, Stephanie stormed out of the box onto the ice.

“Nice reffing,” she snapped as she passed the ref heading to the bench.

“What did you say?” the ref demanded.

Before she could reply, one of Stephanie’s teammates came over and put a hand on Stephanie’s arm.

“Take it easy… you don’t want another penalty,” Lea reasoned.

“But they’ve scored every goal on the power play! We’re losing this game because of her,” Stephanie said, gesturing toward the ref.

“I know. Take it easy,” Lea said. “Wait, what is she doing?”

“Two minutes, delay of game penalty.” The ref had given them another penalty.

“That’s ridiculous!” Lea yelled, chasing the ref. “You didn’t even give us a warning!”

“You can’t do that!” Stephanie yelled, following Lea.

“I can, and keep talking. I’d love to give you another,” the ref sneered.

“Who’s going to serve it,” another teammate sighed, skating up to them.

“I’ll do it,” Stephanie muttered, stepping back into the box.

Discouraged, the girls skated back to the bench where the coach had called a time out.

“One shift at a time, girls,” the coach said. “We’re not going to kill this all off at once, you just need to take it one shift at a time.”

The girls killed the penalty, but lost the game. Their season was over; they had lost their playoff game.

“That stupid ref!” Lea complained in the locker room after the game. “It’s her fault we lost.”
    “She was out to get us,” Stephanie agreed.

“Well, we weren’t very good defensively,” their goalie pointed out.

“It doesn’t matter, we couldn’t have won with officiating like that,” Lea said.

“There were only two penalties called on the other team in the whole game,” Stephanie agreed.

“I know that,” Tania said. “But the point is we could have played better ourselves.”

“Good effort tonight girls,” the coach said, coming into the room. “You played hard out there and I’m proud of you.”

“Too bad the reffing was so lopsided, we almost had a chance to win,” Stephanie grumbled, and took off her skates for the last time that year.

I should've stayed in bed brenda's Avatar
    Perhaps Stephanie would like some cheese with her whine?

I should've stayed in bed brenda's Avatar
    The Blues have been pretty solid all year. They'll be even better with Pronger back in the line-up and some solid goaltending from Ozzy.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    After all these years it would be nice to see the Blues go far. I always liked Osgoode too. He was dumped pretty unceremoniously by the evil Wings. It would be nice to see him get some revenge.The Blues also know all too well Cuhos full on choke at playoff time.Ha ha

Good story Ducky! Is Lea so Whiny because she's a Leaf fan ? (Note to those who don't know Ducky used MY name for the one who isn't Stephanie.

Very good job!

Can you post more of these so I have something to do besides watch the Leafs bite it night after night?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    See I had a feeling the light headedness of trade day wouldn't last. They resemble the team that sucked so badly at the beginning of the season.
    One more time- there are 3 periods of 20 minutes each. You must show up and play for all 60 minutes. If you don't you WILL lose...

Yes more original hockey stories !

Hum, OK. I had to do it for work but I'll write more.

Lea is whiny. I'll put myself and several others in the series too.

Steph's a whiner because she... well the point of the story was scapegoating and she was blaming the ref.

Tania was the reasonable one. Lea and Steph were like, shut up.

Anyhoo.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Is this where Forsberg was GRITTY ???

Probably...

eny
    FORT Fogey
    The Rangers fans are mad they spent 80 million on nothing , when the Sens are #1 , have exactly half the payroll, and no owner.

I think that
    Attached Images Attached Images

Closed Thread