Closed Thread

Thread: All Things Hockey

I always love it when my team does that. Usually it's Skoula who's helping the other team score on Patrick. Or David, but... yeah.

I hate that.

Hey page 100, cool!!

Chris Pronger doing commentary on TSN = cool.

I love Pronger. He's fuckin hot.

When Gretzky speaks, its big news. At least in Canada, anyway. I bet the rest of the world thinks hes dead or something.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Well he knows what it feels like to be sold, as he was the first one dumped for salary. I've wondered what his reaction would be to the strike since he was so vocal in the other direction in 94.

Missed Pronger ... sniff...

OK, Pronger basically did some commentary at the start of the second during the (quite good) Dallas/Blues game last night.

He was wearing a suit, and was sitting between Gord and Pierre. Gord wanted to know what Pierre was like as a coach, and Chris put his arm around Pierre all joking, like "He was the greatest coach ever." type thing. And he said he was only going to be PC. Then later, Pierre was talking about how in Ottawa, there was almost a deal Chris never new about, him for Alexi Yashin. And then Chris said, "Well Pierre actually I did know about it." and Pierre was all shocked. Chris laughed and sait "The GM called me into his office and said if I didnt start playing better I was gone." Chris Pronger as an Ottawa Senator - could you imagine?

Anyway. They kept trying to get him to tell them when he'd be back and he said "Within the next 14-17 days." And that's all he'd say, but he was reciting the team sched. and "Saturday against Detroit" is when Gord went "ding ding ding!" and have put their money on Saturday.

Pierre also got all snooty with Chris after all the fights. Chris said something like he's not out there to run the Mike Modanos, and they have to make sure that other guys don't take liberties with their star players. Pierre got all, "Excuse me but you are out there to run Mike Modano" and Chris got all, "No, I am out there to check him but I'm not out there to get him. I'm there to shut him down."

There was more. It was good.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I always like when players are commentators, especialy a good player. It's good that Pronger may be back even if it is only for a round or two.

Boy did the Leafs ever suck against Boston. What ever the interim coach was doing it's working. They were really in their face and got them rattled.

Funniest thing ever on That's Hockey today. Bob McKenzie said Forberg was... wait for it...

GRITTY!

BWAHAHAHA.

Wesley broke his foot and Green hurt his ribs in that game too.

I had to write a story about scapegoating so I wrote a story about a girl's hockey team who loses a game and blames the ref. Y'all want to read it?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Sure, is it about the Leafs? (some of them act kind of girlie)

Forsberg gritty? Um Yeah

Kariya and the boys look like they've sewn up the Playoffs - Yay!

They have, Ducks have clinched.

Its not about the Leafs, but there are namesakes from the FORT in it...

Closed Thread