Closed Thread

Thread: All Things Hockey

JR.
    What's up with Habs fans booing the American anthem?
    Not cool at all

Habs fans are stupid; that's whats up. That fine tradition was started last year by the folks in Vancouver and New York and Detroit and Toronto. Well not Toronto so much but I remember boos in Vancouver.

Ohhhh. I just read a thing; Montreal was booing because of the action in Iraq.

Also, I now hate Dan Pollard.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    What's up with Habs fans booing the American anthem?
    The anthem booing thing started last yrs playoffs because the Americans booed the Canadian one at the Islanders game the same day the Americans killed 4 Canadian soldiers in a friendly fire thing. It was back and forth since then, and probably brought up again by the new war . Shame on ALL of them, I think it's disgusting no matter who does it.
    Since it is in Montreal, which is in Quebec, which does not want to be part of Canada, they regularly boo the Canadian anthem. They also consider the Flag a red rag , and only fly the Quebec flag at any government building.
    Just a fun lesson in Canadian politics.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    And the folks in Quebec all speak French, too. Hmm, I'm sensing a trend here.

I agree, booing either the US or Canadian anthem is just low-rent.

I'm glad to see Nolan doing well. I wish he'd put forth a little more effort here, but I can't wish him anything but the best.

BTW, I think Dan Pollard is wrong; I think Vancouver will win this year.

Okay, they did something on the big screen at the Avs game last night that was pretty funny. After Roy had made several great saves in a row, they put up a picture of him and played the theme music from "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly." You know the music; whistles and such. The last part sounds like a certain goaltender, so they put his name up in sync with the tune. Sort of "doobie doobie doo - ROY ROY ROY" It was clever.

Neat, the Sharks will become the first team in 23 years to play games 3 nights in a row. That won't hurt their chances of winning any of those games, d'ya think?

Wayner, they agreed to it cause they know they didn't have a shot.

Hehe, the Roy thing is funny.

They dont "all" speak french in Quebec. In fact most of them speak english but they would never admit to it.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Cool! The Sharks were losing to the Bruins 2-0 and tied it going into the 3rd period. And though they didn't get a shot on net until something like 15 minutes were gone in the 3rd, they shot once, scored, and won 3-2.

At least I'll be able to gloat with the Boston fans in my office that razzed me about their loss to the Avs.

Oh, sorry JR.

That's pretty cool. Avs play the Hawks in about 30 minutes. They'd better win. Thibault is out andn no other hawks goalie has a win this year.

Big win for the Avs!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Booya!

And Bill didn't say "Go Avs!" before the game. Coincidence???

JR.
    Typical Bs they start out fine, and then fall apart.

But, they were nice enough to help out Wayner and the Sharks with their 2nd goal. Ugh

Closed Thread