Closed Thread

Thread: All Things Hockey

Conservative til the end! msvicki's Avatar
    I PM'd Wayner to ask where the heck this hockey forum was, and duh....just gotta look in the sports section....
    All 3 of our sons played hockey at some point or another. The middle son was AAA and ranked in the top 20 in Ontario until he was diagnosed with epilepsy. I think mostly, he lost confidence in himself after that....then the meds they put you on cause weight gain and sluggishness. He started skating so as to avoid any type of body contact. And he used to be the one giving the hip checks! Sad to see. But we still like to watch. Not much hockey (ice) going on in FL, and being down here now, they've pretty much hung up the hockey sticks (about 100 of them!!) for lacrosse and football.
    Ms. Vicki

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Hi Sens rule, elgringo, and Miss Vicki- glad you made it the ONLY forum that really matters .....Bill's gonna get a hip check from both of us ...

Hey Bill ,the Sabres deal fell through, so the Portland Sabres will be on your way soon !

Elgringo , LG is a Wild fan too they are doing great this year!

Miss V , are you closer to the Lightning or the Panthers?

Sensrule, they finally accepted Brydens offer, though why they would sell it back to the guy who set up the whole house of cards in the first place is questionable.
    When those contracts come up,I don't think they will have a 30 mil payroll anymore.

Philly should have set up the switcheroo that Boston did. Hackett is the best goalie that was available. Much as I love Irbe, he is way too hot & cold. I like Philly -but hate Clarke .

Conservative til the end! msvicki's Avatar
    eny.....closer to the Panthers. We have gone to their games on occasion....about a 2 hr drive south.
    Ms. Vicki

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by duckgirl
    So, um, Wayner, what exactly was Ugly Boy doing tonight?
    I went out to dinner and a movie with Mrs. Wayner and got home just in time to see the "highlights" of He-Who-Cannot-Be-Named knocking the puck into his own net.

Man, blowing an early 2-0 lead and losing by one because of a lousy own-goal. They should have had at least a point - Lord knows they need every one they can get.

Tonight they're in St. Louis.

And msvicki, glad to see you found the thread!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar

Re: what???

Originally posted by elgringo247
    wow, I need to get cable TV. Pretty bad the little knowlege of NHL I have (except Wild and obvious). I dont get a chance to watch too much, I asst coach my son and play myself. I also like to go to the High school games, they are very big in MN, so my NHL exposure isnt all that great. But thanks to this site I can be well informed,
    Thanks,
    Tommy
    Welcome Tommy!
    Congrats on the Wild this year - they are having a fabulous season. But let's not talk about last night's game - I'm a little bitter at the moment.

And welcome to you as well, Sensrule!

I don't have cable - I have DirecTV with the NHL Center Ice package. If there is one thing that could destroy my marriage, this might be it!

JR.
    Hey Wayner, how's McLaren doing?

I drove by the Lightning's arena when I was in Florida 2 summers ago.

Hello everyone. Yay! New blood!

JR, I think McLaren is doing fine.

I don't know how depressed you want to be but if you read this article about the Canes you might find yourself very depressed.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Thats a very depressing article Ducky. They were not used to having to play past April. The extra two months killed them.I agree with Gelinas though, if Archie can get himself back in the zone , he can be awesome.Look at Eddie.
    Not saying these goalie types have to be constantly praised and coddled, but they do. Look at St Patty after the 1000 game party.
    I am the great St Patrick!
    Miss Vicky - your team is in serious need of some die hard fans.It must get depressing to look up and see empty seats.Keenan is a slimeball and I think thats a big part of it.Ference going after Mario was kind of a hoot.I am Mario Magnifique! You do not Check me. You let me skate by and score.Don't you know that?

speaking of super Mario- Boston Joe has snuck up right behind Mr. hockey god in points, and Naslund has passed him.

Wayner- Mr. cannot be named, did himself proud. I never saw the game,but I'm sure they will be playing that highlight for a while.

RED WINGS LOST!!!

RED WINGS SUCK!!

OK, so Patty sucked pretty bad there around end 1st/ start 2nd- here you go Shanahan, have a the puck while I go stand in the corner.

Uh, no Patty. But he did make 3 great saves in 2 seconds. Whee!! Everyone here was scared because I was yelling "That is SO a goal!" while the 4th Avs goal was under review.

Of course, lets not talk about what I was like when the Evil Wings were winning.

:angry:

Anyway. I agree with you, eny. Irbe just needs some babying and he'll be back to his old self. He does this a lot, though. San Jose is an example.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    You got to watch the game ? Must be an east west thing. Hat tricks are fun to watch. We had the Flyers/NYR game on. Sami scored the winning goal . Take that Canes . neener neener

Boston lost , but on the bright side Hackett finally got his pads. It was freaky watching him with those blue & red ones against the yellow and black.

Did you see the exerpt from the all-star ice level? Jeremy Roenick to Heatley after his second goal -c'mon kid you got 2 we wanna see 3,4,5 .All the old farts laughing. Then he goes and does it.

Closed Thread