Closed Thread

Thread: All Things Hockey

Bow to the all powerful GV!

Tony Granato will take over the head coaching job, I think permanently too. Uh, rock on? Yeah! Rock on!

Meh. I hope no one wanted to go to a Colorado playoff game, cause I don't think they'll make it. Maybe they will. We'll see.

Hartley shoulda been fired a long time ago, though.

I saw the broken jaw/spitting teeth. Foulness! Eew. The difference between the Svhela hit and the Modano hit was Modano was actually hit from behind, and Svehla wasn't, he had his head down but was facing towards the hit. They were both dirty though.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Neither one had the puck and were across the ice hits.I can't say I was unhappy to see Modano get nailed .
    Modano *does anyone else see the nice birdies?*

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    "Ricci Man" - very funny!

Eny, having kids that close together - I bow to your greatness! Fortunately, my wife seems to be learning to deal with my hockey obsession. The first year we were married she attempted to limit me to two games a week. Excuse me, but did you want to stay married? Now she just expects that if there's a Sharks game on, I'm booked for the night - though she is free to watch with me, and I still play with Sam during the game. Fortunately he's asleep before the home games come one.

I was on my way to pick up Sam from day care when I heard the news conference for Hartley's departure. The GM was pretty to-the-point; not much more than "I have not been happy with the team's performance, we should have a much better record. So today, I informed Bob Hartley that he would no longer be a part of the organization. I'd like to introduce Tony Granato as our new head coach." Then they took questions.

Sports news guys sometimes ask the dumbest questions. Here are some of the ones I remember, some dumb, some not.

"Tony, there isn't a big history of American born coaches in the NHL, how will that affect you?"

"Pierre, why did you choose to make a change now?"
    Uh, 'cause we're losing? That would have been my answer.

"Pierre, is Tony the permanent head coach or the interrum head coach?" Pierre responded "He's the head coach of the Avalanche.

"Pierre, does Tony's title have the word "Interrum" attached to it?" Moron.

I find it interesting that they fired a guy that never played in the NHL and replaced him with a guy that played forever in the NHL, but just started coaching in AUGUST! Don't get me wrong, I love Granato (big surprise, seeing how he was a Shark and all...) but I'm surprised that they gave him the job. I wonder how the other coaches that have been with the team 7-9 years feel about this.

I can't help but think that Pierre is throwing Tony to the wolves.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Well after reading the story on faceoff.com. Hartley's from Cornwall- god Cornwall is like the worst place. Duckys town is prolly like Las Vegas compared to Cornwall. No wonder he's hostile.
    I didn't like how Hartley treated the players. I think it was a quote from Forsberg that said- no matter how well we played, it still wasn't good enough- even when we won the cup.
    That kind of self esteem busting attitude is really horrible. No wonder he took a year off, and almost didn't return.
    I think Tony Granato will be dandy. I have that theory about great coaches. Great players make good Gms but sucky coaches * Brian Trottier* Mediocre players make great coaches * Scotty Bowman, Pat Quinn, Any Sutter*
    Yes I know Jacques Lemaire is the coach of the wild but they haven't done well till this year ...

As for that 2 games a week thing* bites tongue* give the girl a break she wasn't raised like me drenched in hockey, or have a natural aptitude for It like Ducky.I really don't expect you to endorse hockey as the source of many hunky guys either. Once the kidlets are old enough to be in hockey she'll love it.
    Sadly Lex had no interest and is too little ( she got kicked off the rugby team),Hockey is serious business in the birthplace of organized hockey- Even the girls are way bigger than Theo Fleury.
    The boys had Asthma triggered by cold damp. But I was so thrilled tonight. I had to go out and get some presents. When I came back Lex ( my daughter)was on the couch alone watching *sniff* NHL on the fly on the NHL channel.
    - brims with motherly pride-

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Okay, the "brims with motherly pride" line cracked me up. You are too much fun!

It's worse than you think for my wife. Not only did she not grow up steeped in hockey tradition - she's from Dallas. Yep, I married a Cowboys fan from the land of the gay-boy Stars.

OMG! Eny! You've done well raising that Lex.

As for being to small... bah. I need to start a hockey league for shortasses who smoke and are out of shape. ie a leage for those of us who are crappy hockey players. I can't do anything about the damp but your boys wont look out of place with their inhalers on the bench if the rest of the team is lighting up, eny.

I watched the conferecne on the Score, I was thinking, "What the fuck?" when they were asking those queer ass questions like the American one. Whatever, retards.

We'll see how Granto works out. At least he's easier on the eyes than Hartley.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Yeah Poor Lex is a size 2 - they kicked her off the rugby team because she was too light.( about 96 pounds- 5'3")
    Shortass hockey _ Ha ha - league president Fleury

Your poor wife - brought up in football central. You could point out that Dallas is doing very well and are worth watching,.(Except for Modano )- and you can have a hockey rivalry right at home

I haven't really paid attention to Granato, but eww at least he's not from Cornwall. I'm trying to think of an American city to compare it to so Wayner will understand.

OMG, Lex is tiny. No wonder they kicked her off the team, it was for her own safety.

Ha. *wants more making fun of Hartley*

Darren Dutchysen said he talked to Hartley and Hartley said that no way would he coach Calgary. Ha.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    New Coach and wife :
    Attached Images Attached Images

She's not so bad. At least she's not a Barbie.

Closed Thread