+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Los Angeles Angels of ......What??!!!

This is fun...that would make our local AAA team the Utah Stingerz of Salt Lake AAA affiliate of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim? Put that on a hat.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    You mean after The Anaheim Mighty Ducks, right Bill?
    Not to split hairs, (though Disney did when I sent them a letter of complaint about their absurd name the year the Ducks joined the league) but it's "The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim." :rolleyes

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Only because you didn't watch that movie a zillion times - but now that your kids are older you'll appreciate it.

Teams aren't honest anyway. NY Giants of East Rutherford NJ anyone? ( and the only reason I know that is because of the Bachelor)

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Only because you didn't watch that movie a zillion times - but now that your kids are older you'll appreciate it.

Teams aren't honest anyway. NY Giants of East Rutherford NJ anyone? ( and the only reason I know that is because of the Bachelor)
    Actually Eny, my complaint was that they were naming the team after a Disney children's movie. I told them that I fully expected them to take the ice wearing gloves with three fingers and that the goalie's helmet would have mouse ears sticking up from it. I got a form letter from Michael Eisner thanking me for "showing interest in the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim."

[/threadjack]

The new owner of the Angels must be a complete idiot. If he wants broader appearl go with "California" again. NOBODY is going to buy anything that has both city names on it.

And I thought the NHL Players Association was run by idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner

And I thought the NHL Players Association was run by idiots.

Unfortunately there's been a collective bargaining agreement between all the major leagues as well as all the major players associations for 'idiotic' revenue sharing.

The Angels owner Artie Moreno is considered to be a pretty solid guy,but to sign off on this you gotta wonder if the guy is making a brilliant marketing move or if he's just cracking up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12