+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ESPN: Johnson to Yankees Looks Done

JR.
    If the Yanks don't go after Beltran, what are they going to do about center field? I wouldn't count them out just yet, it might be a ploy to get the price down if Beltran really wants to go there.

I think any team that doesn't at least try to get him is making a mistake. Basically he is a healthy Vlad Guerrero who plays better defense and is not yet at peak.

The DBack for example blew the money they could have used to sign Beltran on Glaus and Ortiz. I would rather have Beltran.

If the Yanks don't offer anything, then I think it is a good sign that they are starting to pay for all the mediocre contracts they do. They have guys making 6MM a year who don't even stay on the active roster. Even in Yankee land that starts to pile up. (I expect Womack to be their latest waste of money).
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Houston made another offer to Beltran last night. Reportedly more than 100MM
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I liked Jason Stark's take on the Johnson pickup. His top 5 reasons the Yankees won't win the world series are:
    1. THEY'RE OLDER THAN THE NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC
    2. CARTILAGE IS GOOD
    3. THEY DON'T GET TO PLAY THE BREWERS
    4. THEY FORGOT TO SIGN CARLOS DELGADO, JEFF KENT AND CARLOS BELTRAN
    5. NO $207-MILLION TEAM HAS EVER WON A WORLD SERIES

You can read the entire article, which details all the reasons above, here: Yankees Still Face Tall Order

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123