+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best texas hold'em player?

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar

Best texas hold'em player?

I've gotta say that back to back final tables in 03/04 with the size of the fields he's played, have got to prove that Dan Harrington is one of, if not the, best tournament poker player right now. As much as I enjoy watching Howard Lederer and Phil Ivey...Dan's better.
    "Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Madre
    I've gotta say that back to back final tables in 03/04 with the size of the fields he's played, have got to prove that Dan Harrington is one of, if not the, best tournament poker player right now. As much as I enjoy watching Howard Lederer and Phil Ivey...Dan's better.
    joe, although harrington has made back to back final tables, i can't stand the way he plays... ultra conservative. i guess whatever works, right. best? maybe. i also can't stand phil helmuth. i like guys with personality and class. sammy farhah (spg?) is probably my fav. annie duke is cool too.

Give me Gus Hansen any day.

I have this thing for Daniel Neugun (no clue how to spell his last name) Blonde hair, goatee, mom cooks him lunch.

I like Gus Hanson also.

Oh shoot, I just like to watch poker and day dream about quiting my job and running away to Vegas.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Personality wise, I like Daniel. He is consistent (in playstyle and temperment).

Gus is fun to watch also, and watching Phil Helmutt lose gets me rolling everytime.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    Oh shoot, I just like to watch poker and day dream about quiting my job and running away to Vegas.

One of our regular poker guys (we play twice a week)- up and quit his $75,000/ yr job a month ago and moved to Vegas to be a professional poker player. So i get weekly emails giving me a blow by blow of his daily "sit and go" tournaments- i'm so living vicariously thru him right now...

Give me Doyle Brunson anyday... nothing like watching an old timer saddle up with the young guns. I bet that man has some stories to tell...

I like Daniel Negranue (sp) and Phil Ivey. Also, what was the kid's name that they had to I.D. at the last World Series? I liked him too.
    kitty-cats rule!

Daniel Negraneau is the best limit hold-em player around, I have no doubt. But I'm not really thrilled with his no-limit play.

Gus Hansen is the absolute best player when he's on the big stack of any player out there.

Phil Helmuth is a legend in his own mind, and can never compete with that hype.

I like Howard Lederer, but it seems like lately he's been spending too much time teaching people how to play, and not enough time actually playing well.

I like Phil Laak, "the Unabomber", but he has a serious inconsistency in play that he needs to even out.

The one guy I do dislike is Mathis Anderson (not sure of the spelling) he drives me nuts. He is a bit too hyper.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Ah, Matthias Anderssen, the Swede. The guy who pounds his fist and screams when he knocks someone out. Yeah, he kind of bugs me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast