+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA

can't wait for survivor! coolguy's Avatar

NBA

Im surpirsed there hasn't been a discussion thread about the NBA yet. Is there not much fans here?

I personally can't believe what The Seattle Super sonics are doing! 17-3?! Who would have thought? We beat the Spurs and Mavericks on back to back nights. Luke, Fortson, Allen, Lewis, and Daniels are having amazing seasons so far.

The suns are good, but they have no depth. There starting lineup is playing more then 40 minutes a game and i don't think they can keep up all season. Injuries are going to catch up to them and there going have to rely on the bench sometime, and, well they really have no one on there bench.

And what about Tracy Mcgrady scoring 13 points in the last minute last night in the thriller against the Spurs to beat them. I think the Rockets needed a win like that and it looked like the spurs quit jsut expecting a win. Crazy!

Anyone else keepin up?
    You stole my smart quote!

coolguy. Now you've done it. The Sonics will lose the next 15 straight because you mentioned how well they are doing. Put me in the still skeptical category. At the beginning of the season, I didn't do any more than read about their games in the Sports Section of the paper. I have to admit that I've been watching some now.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I there was a thread for the playoffs last year , and of course the Friday night Fight thread . Nothing for this season yet. Since I have two teenage sons who play , and have no hockey to rant over , I have been forced to by the boys because they are bigger than me watching some games, and have quite enjoyed it.

I'm watching the Sonics/Celtics game. It looks like the Sonics may get their fourth loss. I just had to comment on the fact that Danny Fortson's hairdo makes him look like he's wearing Mickey Mouse ears.

I'm still predicting that Seattle will eventually start losing as soon as teams start picking up on them. I just don't feel that additions like Danny Fartson can pummel them to a #1 seed like that.

The Kobe vs Karl drama is so hilarious. As a Kings fan I find this thoroughly entertaining and can't wait to see what accusations they throw at one another next. Backstabbing, private insults, making passes on wife, hunting little Mexican girls, What's next? Karl accuses Kobe for sexually assaulting John Stockton?

Disappointments: Utah (but its because Ak-47 ain't around), Denver (with the addition of K-fart & a year experience for Melo, you'd think they'd be more competitive), Houston (alright I'm a jerk, but I hope they fail miserably because 1. I do not like Tsmack and 2. I'm a fan of Stevie Franchise and 3. I was adamant that trading Franchise away was not the answer for Houston.), Memphis (I doubt Fratello & Musselman will do them any good. Looks like they are planning to trade Jwill now too)

Surprises: Orlando (I love me some Franchise And its absolutely thrilling to see Grant Hill back), Cleveland (wow, didn't expect them to come out so strong especially after losing Boozer), Phoenix (this team I'm not as skeptical about, my Nashty brings out the best in these players!)

Other Notables: NY leading the Atlantic division with a .500 record. Clippers actually competiting, but I'm skeptical of them because....they're the CLIPPERS, Dirk Nowitzki having an MVP year.

I love the NBA!! I haven't had much time to be on FORT lately but I started last year's NBA playoffs thread.

I'm a huge San Antonio fan. We have been and will be one of the best teams for the next 5+ years. Key players are signed, still have cap room, etc.

I'm definitely suprised at what the Sonics are doing. IMO, I don't think they can keep this up though.

I knew the Suns would play up tempo ball... but aren't they gonna be a little tired come playoff time? All of their starters average 35+ mins/game.

Wolves, of course, are good too. It's good to see Eddie Griffin back in the league.

Fantasy bball is the shiznit too.

Quote Originally Posted by ping007
    Fantasy bball is the shiznit too.
    Damn straight. I'm glad I'm still leading my league despite losing Ron Artest. :phhht

Ping, as a Spurs fan, can you please tell Brent Barry to start giving me some numbers? I rejected trades for him and now am beginning to regret it.

The Suns better keep track of Nashty's mpg. He loses stamina towards the end of the season. I remember he was on IV two playoffs ago because of the exhaustion of playing all 82 games. Last year, Nellie sat him a few games to ensure he gets proper rest before playoffs. I think Amare can take it in all honesty, he's young, energetic, and excited right now. This is a very exciting Suns team to watch indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb
    Ping, as a Spurs fan, can you please tell Brent Barry to start giving me some numbers? I rejected trades for him and now am beginning to regret it.
    Mrs. Cwebb, depending if you're playing roto or H2H format, barry just isn't fitting into the spurs' system right now. if you're playing roto, bench him for now cause devin brown is taking his minutes. if you're playing H2H, drop him for someone else that actually plays.

also, please tell Cwebb to not get injured this year. He's been a great late round pick for me.

What's up with the latest Kobe/Mailman feud? Ray Allen/Kobe debacle? Kobe seems to love the drama.

I'm playing roto. I've benched him for some time already. I'm just hoping he can pick it up soon. Early on he was giving me decent numbers with his limited minutes.

You got Cwebb?! Can you believe it! I don't!!! Last year I was dumb enough to take him in the first round because of my undying love and loyalty towards him and ended up being in the middle of the pack, just how I managed to not lose? I don't know. But this year I was adamant to not pick Cwebb until late in the draft, what happens? I'm in a league full of Kings fan and someone took him in the third round and I was pissed!

The Kobe drama is making me laugh. And as much as I've hated the Lakers since I was a child, I support Kobe. Sure I don't think he's a saint, but I don't think Karl Malone is either. Taking a paycutdoesn't eliminate all the dirty moves he's done throughout his career. Although my disgust towards him have been overshadowed by players like Sprewell, Kfart, Jason & Joumana Kidd, and other players over the years.

can't wait for survivor! coolguy's Avatar
    Who else is looking forward to Sonics vs. Suns? How lucky was ESPN to get this game?

I think Sonics will fall back a bit but still get second to the Timberwolves. And as long as we are underrated, we wil hopefully do good. And it may sound corny, but you can't beat the chemistry of this team. Go Sonics! Fan for life!

But i think the Suns will calm down a bit more then the Sonics. They have no bench, i mean no bench at all! five guys i hardly reconize the name of. The starters will slow down, Steve Nash always does, and they will fall back.
    You stole my smart quote!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast