+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA

I can't believe the T'wolves fired Flip. I guess a coaching change was needed but hey just don't have any team chemistry or decent big men. Mchale coaching?

As a Spurs fan, I will fully admit that Bruce Bowen is somewhat of a dirty player. Several players have complained of him "stepping into" them after jump shots. No call, no foul? I just got a Ginobili jersey!!

I also dislike VC, but he's been on a freakin tear lately. Get injured already!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb
    I prefer him over Half Man Half Season anyday!

Speaking of blowin up... kidd, pierce, and cwebb have been consistent triple doubles lately too.

I picked up Zo in my Yahoo roto league several days ago when he was still IL status. I'll just keep him on the IL. Hopefully Zo signs with the Heat and I don't waste a roster move.

Looking forward to the All Star weekend...
    Last edited by ping007; 02-14-2005 at 03:11 PM.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    sorry Mrs. Cwebb. Hubby had a tough night in the House Of Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    sorry Mrs. Cwebb. Hubby had a tough night in the House Of Bull.
    I know. Been tough time for my boys, All-Star major snub, injuries, and no calls that decided the game practically.

What is with the talk on Allen Iverson being an MVP? Yeah, he's having a great season, but his team is only getting the 3rd spot in the East because they're in a WEAK Atlantic division. A .500 record in the East isn't much to celebrate. If AI's MVP, then my hubby should be considered as well.

Rumors circulating that Musselman might even coach the TFools.

^People are saying Allen Iverson should be MVP?? That's crazy. I never heard that. I don't think he should get MVP unless the Sixers make it into the NBA Final.

Hang in there, MrsCwebb. I'm a Kings fan too so I know the feeling right now. I'm glad the guys (Kings players) are having a break from the All Star. They need it. Remember last season's All Star how Brad Miller got injuried? OMG, that killed me. I even remember at the same time, Jim Gray was reporting that Chris Webber was getting a supsension.

Hopefully the guys can regroup and come out strong this second half. This upcoming 6 games roadtrip will be a big test. It's either going to help or hurt them. As long as they go 3-3 or better, I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ping007
    As a Spurs fan, I will fully admit that Bruce Bowen is somewhat of a dirty player.
    You are the first Spurs fan I know that admits Bruce is dirty. I think Bruce's a good defender, but sometimes he does some cheap shots (Vince Carter, Ray Allen, Wally S). Hehe.
    I this forum.

"If this [points to heart] is empty, this [points to head] doesn't matter."
    ~from the movie, Jerry McGuire

Twix, too much ESPN NBA Fastbreak for me, everytime I turn on, I keep hearing Tim Legler campaigning for AI for MVP if he wins the Atlantic division.

Poor Kings, I'm trying to remain optimistic, but suddenly the Rockets, who were once 5-6 games behind the Kings/Mavs are now only 1 game behind them and on fire too! Great reminder though on Brad Miller getting injured in last yr's All-Star, talk about bad luck.

Rookies/Sophmore challenge was alright, most exciting part was Korver making 7 three's and nearly getting the midcourt one at the end of the game. Talk about prepping for the 3 pt. challenge. He's actually my pick to win over Ray Allen in the finals. Melo gets MVP, not a shocker there, considering his team was feeding him like crazy!

Lebron passes on Dunk Contest, what a surprise.....not. Actually I'm kinda disappointed, would've been more exciting.

Note to NBA: do not let chris anderson compete in dunk contest next year.

i liked josh smith's creativy in using wilkin's retro jersey for his windmill dunk.

last night's all star game was alright. i'm sure it would have been more competitive if TD and KG were playing in the 4th.

i love charles barkley!! did anyone hear his comments about the halftime show?

did anyone catch craig sager's in game interview with shaq? i love how shaq always makes fun of his suits.

Chris Anderson was funny Ping, what are you talking about?! And Dr J calling him a "liability" topped all commentaries! Great dunk contest, boring all-star game. I'm very disappointed Kobe did not win MVP in Denver!

Trade rumors.....
    Peja-Odom, I believe it'll be a bust because Petrie is very anal about the secrecy of his trades, so when it leaks out like this, it usually means its over. I LOVE Peja, but Odom is such an asset, I'd love him to be a Kings.

Cwebb to NY, + :phhht + :rolleyes X 1,000,000,000,000,000. It'll be a dumb trade for both parties.

Boozer to LA, not a bad trade if LA can pull it, but I don't trust anything Jack Haley says. Plus, Jazz's PR rep has declared this trade is a bust. I doubt Utah will trade that freshly signed fat contract so soon.

Rumor this morning in Portland is Abdur-Rahim and Travis Outlaw for Michael Redd and Keith Van Horn on the Bucks. One team would give up a first rounder.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

The Sacramento Kings and Philadelphia 76ers have completed a deal that will send Chris Webber, Matt Barnes and Michael Bradley to the Sixers for Kenny Thomas, Corliss Williamson and Brian Skinner.
    + + + + :phhht + :rolleyes X 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,99 9
    Furious beyond belief. Admittedly, I saw a trade coming and am glad its to the Sixers and not the Knicks. The Sixers have a more solid chance and AI + Cwebb will be a great combo.

But by golly, I am a proud and loyal Chris Webber fan, so wherever he goes, you bet I will support him all the way!

Petrie makes 2 dumb moves after he gets his contract extension!

Now that I've gotten some time to think through it more logically. It is still a crap trade because there are no draft picks, youth, or expiring contracts. Sacto couldn't even get Glenn Robinson's expiring contract. All three players' contracts are good for 3+ years.

I'm only thinking that Petrie has major plans this offseason because I don't think another trade is in the work after this blockbuster. I'm also wondering how other western conference teams especially Dallas & Houston are feeling at the moment? Who would've though with all the trade rumors circulating around, that Philly would be interested in Cwebb. Once again, Petrie's major secrecy condition pulls another surprise.

The Kings have done well in the past without Cwebb, but the way Peja and some other Kings play in the playoffs, Bibby cannot single handedly lift them to championship contention especially in the Big West. Still a lineup with Bibby, Mobley, Peja, & Brad Miller isn't too bad assuming they remain healthy and Peja plays up to his potential. But this is the Western conference and despite the two losses to Houston, this team is rolling along with the Dallas Mavericks, they are walking on thin ice right now.

+ Reply to Thread