+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: NBA

J.D.

WOW. What a great game! Great performance by Big Shot Bobby...wow.

Broadway....it'll be okay. Stay strong.

After 2002 when Horry made that 3 pointer to win game 4, I was able to live despite having a few nightmares about that shot and reading black magic books so I could curse Robert Horry for breaking my heart.

Every time I see that shot I still cringe. I just wonder if Pistons fans are feeling the same agony I had a few years back.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    An excellent game - disappointing outcome.

I forgot how good a finals game can be! (although Detroit fans are not the most enthusiastic crowd)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb
    Awww...

I was devastated...hate to lose any game by one stinking point. I'd much rather games be a blowout at the end.

It was an awesome game. Lots of missed opportunities by both teams to close out the game, so I can't feel too badly about our missed shots right at the end.

That was the game to win, so we just sealed our fate.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben

After 2002 when Horry made that 3 pointer to win game 4, I was able to live despite having a few nightmares about that shot and reading black magic books so I could curse Robert Horry for breaking my heart.

Every time I see that shot I still cringe. I just wonder if Pistons fans are feeling the same agony I had a few years back.
    Hell, I cringe every time he lauches a three.....because of 2002...and I was just a casual fan.

I liked Horry on the Rockets, but his time on the Lakers made me "hate" him. Now, I like both S.A. and Det., and have forgiven Horry for his past transgressions, but I still cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    That was the game to win, so we just sealed our fate.
    Yep - I'm afraid you're right about that. Guess I will have to drown my sorrows on Tuesday night while the fans in Texas are celebrating their victory. Shame on me for giving up, but Detroit was in a must win situation.

Squatman, haha. Same here! I absolutely hated Horry on Lakers, but I think that had more to do with the fact that he was in a Lakers uniform. It still surprises me that people would leave him open.

Broadway, while Pistons' chances have diminshed, I just can't call this series over yet. They're just a team I'd never underestimate. However, if Pistons are to lose, you guys can raid Sheed's home. He almost pulled a Cwebb and called an illegal timeout than decided that leaving Horry wide open with 5.8 seconds left was a good idea. That was a huge mental breakdown! Sheed is forever going to be known as the guy who left Horry open.

It was a toss-up.... do you doubleteam Ginobli to make certain he doesn't score the three.... or do you stay one on one? He lost his head... and yeah, he's DAMN lucky the clock had run out when he tried to call a timeout.

Squatman, haha. Same here! I absolutely hated Horry on Lakers, but I think that had more to do with the fact that he was in a Lakers uniform. It still surprises me that people would leave him open.

Broadway, while Pistons' chances have diminshed, I just can't call this series over yet. They're just a team I'd never underestimate. However, if Pistons are to lose, you guys can raid Sheed's home. He almost pulled a Cwebb and called an illegal timeout than decided that leaving Horry wide open with 5.8 seconds left was a good idea. That was a huge mental breakdown! Sheed is forever going to be known as the guy who left Horry open.
    That's really too bad for Sheed. (I'm not a Sheed fan.) I was glad to see Big Shot Bob (the Anti-Sheed) come up big again. (Disclaimer: I am a Lakers fan. Or at least I was until they traded Shaq. I've been an Horry fan since I saw him play in college. He and Latrell Sprewell were teammates at Alabama on one of the most athletic college teams I've ever seen.)

I've never seen Duncan play as poorly as he did at the end of that game. Wow, I was starting to think he'd been bought off. Then I realized that he makes so much money, it would probably take a gazillion dollars to buy him off. I also don't get how Duncan can't hit free throws. To me, that is much more unforgiveable than it is with Shaq. Duncan is supposed to be so smart, and smart guys are usually good at the foul line. (Not that Shaq isn't smart, but I'm always hearing about how brilliant Duncan is.) Free throws are mostly about technique and practice, and Duncan has horrible technique. I don't get it. Doesn't anyone work with him on his free-throw shooting? I used to say I'd teach Shaq how to shoot free throws for a mere $1 million fee. I'm extending the same offer to Duncan.

I'm just glad we finally got a competitive game. It was fun to watch - but I'm sure the ending wasn't so fun for you Pistons fans.

I really think FT's are more mental than anything. We have players like Bowen who can shoot the 3 from the corner, Cwebb who enjoys that elbow jumpshot, and so forth, but they can't make a FT for crying out loud. Then you have Van Exel who might as well shoot a 3 pointer.

Duncan should maybe consider going off glass more often! He's so solid at that jumpshot, he should treat his FT's like that instead.

Still, I admire Duncan. He is one of the greatest PF's of all time and is humble and unselfish. For a star of his caliber, he is underpaid when compared to the rest of the league (Hardaway, Houston, Spree, Marbury, & Jrose are higher paid!)

+ Reply to Thread