+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: NBA

They definitely have been acting quite bizarre. 'Sheed does have a temper, but nothing near like what it was prior to him coming to Detroit last season. I have simply never seen the bad sportsmanship to the point that I saw it last night. This is not my team.

But dayum... we're getting spanked into next week.

The faster the Pistons get eliminated, the faster Larry Brown will leave my television screen. Sorry Broadway, I repsect your Pistons, but I've never liked Brown one bit.

ABC broadcasting is so terrible.

What's to not like about Brown? He's quite possibly the most mellow coach that I've seen in the NBA, but he seems to have the right touch for the Pistons. I know we're a night and day different team with him. But that's cool, MrsC.

We finally got our game back tonight... the house was absolutely deafening!! What an awesome game.

I think Brown is a great coach, but that's about it. The rest, I don't want to elaborate too much as I've said plenty in the bball forums I frequent. I suppose its like my feelings for Phil Jackson, great coach, but ehh.....that's it.

What's with the double digit wins in this series?! Never underestimate the Pistons and don't ignore Spurs' average road record. I've expected this series to drag at least to six.

Will ABC quit showing unnecessary close ups of Popovich?!

I agree.... Brown doesn't show much personality. His press conferences are all monotone and blah and don't really say much. His players are all soundly devoted to him, tho, but I just don't see it.

How about the Lakers hiring Jackson back for $10 mil per year? Yowsh... slightly overpriced!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I agree.... Brown doesn't show much personality. His press conferences are all monotone and blah and don't really say much. His players are all soundly devoted to him, tho, but I just don't see it.

How about the Lakers hiring Jackson back for $10 mil per year? Yowsh... slightly overpriced!
    I think daddy may be giving Phil some extra incentive to make an honest woman of Jeannie.

I've seen a lot of Larry Brown-coached games - probably more than 100 (college and pro combined) in person and who knows how many on TV, and I think he's the best game coach I've ever seen. If I had to hire a coach to win one game for all the marbles, I'd choose Larry Brown in a second, and I think many - probably most - NBA players would, too. I think his players are loyal to him because they know that if they do what he says, they will win. (That may sound simple, but I am sure that if you take a poll of NBA players, most of them wouldn't say that about their coaches.) On the other hand, Larry can ride guys pretty hard because his expectations are so high, so players do get tired of him - which may be part of the reason he never stays at any one job for too long.

Larry does seem to be a bit of a flake in terms of things he's done in his personal life with changing jobs so frequently and so forth, but I think he's just one of those restless type of people who are never really happy no matter what they achieve.

Larry's never been one of those guys who loves talking to the media. I think he just endures it because it's part of the job. Some people love having cameras on them and microphones in their faces, but Larry would probably avoid that completely if he could. I think he is also very worried - paranoid, even - about giving away any of his strategy in a press conference, so he keeps his answers as bland as possible.

The only thing that bothers me about Larry now is the way he has been whining about calls and letting his players complain to the refs and getting technicals, etc. The Larry Brown from 10-15 years ago would have put Sheed on the bench until he could keep his mouth shut, and Larry himself wouldn't be making ref-related excuses like he's been doing lately.

I think one of the reason why I don't like Brown is the switching jobs thing. Just a lack of loyalty from the way I see it. But we all see things from different perspective.

Broadway, coaches aren't supposed to be that exciting! I'd rather watch ice melt than listen to Carlisle, but heck, he is one hell of a coach and I respect him as well as I do Brown in terms of coaching.

I hope Lakers gets better, it gives me reasons to hate on them again. Man, the only darn season I wanted Lakers to make the playoffs, they fail to do so! Darn you Kobe!

DEE-TROIT...basketball....

The Spurs need to stop fearin' the fro and step it up. Game 5 is going to be good.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    DEE-TROIT...basketball....

The Spurs need to stop fearin' the fro and step it up. Game 5 is going to be good.

I am so all over this game...

Kid Rock? I rest my case

let's play some b-ball!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    30 seconds and one point difference! I can't take it!

I love this game!

+ Reply to Thread