+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: NBA

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I am happy for Nash, but I think Shaq is the MVP every year. He is just beyond dominant.

I think he may have been MVP this year if he had finished the season strong. Not only did Shaq make Miami a better team but he left the Lakers finishing worse than the Clippers. Nash leaving the Mavs hardly did any damage.

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    I think he may have been MVP this year if he had finished the season strong. Not only did Shaq make Miami a better team but he left the Lakers finishing worse than the Clippers. Nash leaving the Mavs hardly did any damage.
    Easy explanation for that. Cuban actively went out to improve Mavs so they can be competitive for the playoffs. Releasing Nash allowed him to sign Dampier. Then he traded for Stackhouse, Terry, & Van Horn. It overcompensated for the loss of Nash. Meanwhile, Kupchak didn't get enough to fill Shaq's void. Mihm? Atkins? Butler? Odom was the best addition, but too bad he was hampered with injuries all year long. But the Lakers of this season was in rebuilding mode. I didn't think for a second they'd be competitive without a sufficient frontcourt in the west. So ultimately management decided how Shaq & Nash's former teams would perform.

Phoenix was also a rock bottom lottery team and Miami had made it to the conf. semis the year before. There's a big difference record wise in terms of improvement.

If I truly had to vote MVP every year I'd give it to Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, & Dirk Nowitzki every year....and I HATE Garnett too.

MVP award has always been about the regular season impact. I think Nash deserved it for this year, but it doesn't mean I would start a team around him. And that writer in Miami who called it racist is an absolute joke. Out of 10 caucasian writers who have covered the NBA for over 15 years, 7 of them voted for Shaq. And among minorities that voted, it was split down the middle....yeah that's real racist buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Anyone want to place any bets on how long it takes for the first fight to break out in the Detroit-Indiana series starting tonight????
    If only David Stern would reinstate Ron Artest!!

Wouldn't it be funny that the moment he found out it would be a Pacers-Pistons series Stern decides to say, "I just realized that I was too harsh on Ron Artest and as a rseult I am reinstating him for the Pistons-Pacers series"

Just so he could disappear yet again. Betcha Ben would get a good whap in at him.

Spurs are so gonna win the NBA title this year...now that Wade is gonna be out for quite a while with those sprained ribs of his...there is no way Spurs aint winning this year
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki_Brandon
    Spurs are so gonna win the NBA title this year...now that Wade is gonna be out for quite a while with those sprained ribs of his...there is no way Spurs aint winning this year
    I wouldn't count Detroit out just yet. I made that mistake last season.

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    I wouldn't count Detroit out just yet. I made that mistake last season.

Probably not...Latest News: The Pistons just beat the Heat 91-66...They're back
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

Congratulations to the Pistons and Broadway!

Pistons-Spurs final is going to be an alright final, I dont think it'll be nearly as boring as some people make it out to be!

Miami Heats fan can join me in the offseason!

Yay!!! Thanks, MrsCwebb.

What an incredible game last night and actually, a great series. I was biting my fingernails right down to the last moment... just a well played, scrappy game that could have gone either way at any moment. Billups came through for us in the end as he always does.

The finals are going to be tough and I agree, it's not going to be a boring series by any means. It's not going to have the *glamour* or *pomp and circumstance* of a Lakers-Pistons final... or the drama of Shaquille O'Neal getting into possibly his last finals... but it'll still be great to watch. Two great, great teams.

WOoHoo!! The Bad Boys are playin' for all the marbles and I cannot wait!!! There is a movie theatre close by with stadium seating that shows the Pistons playoff games FOR FREE...think I may have to check 'em out on Thursday night! I agree - should be a good series. Luvin' that Tayshaun Prince - you go baby!!

+ Reply to Thread