+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004/2005 NCAA College Hoops

2004/2005 NCAA College Hoops

Hey everyone!

Welcome back to MY favorite season, the one that ends with some madness, a plethora of outstanding games, and leaves no doubt or debate as to who is the #1, cream of the crop, top dog in the sport. Plus, as a fan who goes to games, you don't have as much worry that you will be attacked by players who are twice your size!

This is a great week for College Hoops. We have the Pre Season NIT, the Maui invitational, and I think the Great Alaskan Shootout(or is that next week?). Plus, next weekend is the Wooden Classic in Indianapolis, featuring 2 great matchups.....firstly, my team of choice, the University of Illinois Fightin' Illini vs Gonzaga, and then Purdue vs. Cincinatti.

Cheers!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I love college hoops. Especially, March Madness. We divided up the University of Washington men's tickets I share last week. It was so refreshing to be excited about the season for once.

OMG did anyone see the highlights of Univ of ILL-Chicago vs. #3 Georgia Tech from last night? It came down to a last second shot for UIC, make it, and they win. Unfortunately, the shot bounced off the rim and UIC lost. Oh, what an upset that would have been!

St. Joes at Kansas tonight. Should be a good one!

Woot! The UW Huskies are in the final of the Great Alaska Shootout tonight.

The Huskies pulled out a victory in the Championship game despite it being their third game in three nights. Excellent.

Nice victory for the Huskies! The PAC10 needs some fire in their ranks this year.

Big10/ACC challenge starts tonight! All of these games are great matchups. Hopefully the Big10 can show up for once....they have yet to "win" an Big10/ACC challenge series.

Go Spartans!!!

Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Is tonight the Michigan State at Duke game?? *checks ESPN* Yep, it is!!! Yeah, that'll be a good one. Since they are representin' the Big10, I'll be cheering for State.

don't tell any of my friends, okay?

Go Big10!!!!!

*cheers sheepishly* I just hope we don't get CLOBBERED. We've got a darned good team again this year, so I think we'll put in a great performance.

Are you going to watch, Mrdob?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Of course I am going to watch! March Madness starts in November for me!

Seriously, the ACC/Big10 Challenge games are some of the early seasons best matchups. I really hope the Big10 can finally "win" one....I think this challenge has been around for 4-5 years, and the Big10 has never come out on top by winning more of the games. The ACC is that good. But it is time again for the Big10 to be a basketball powerhouse. I know I am biased, but Illinois is looking so good this year, I know they can get to the Final Four. We'll see---Wake Forest is tough too....as are most of the teams in the ACC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast