+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2004/2005 NCAA College Hoops

He should be forced to watch the movie Grumpy Old Men over and over until he is "cured"
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    He should be forced to watch the movie Grumpy Old Men over and over until he is "cured"
    That or spend a lot of time with Jack Nicholson.

Washington/Arizona is a good game so far. 75-71 in the second half.

ETA: Final 93-85 Huskies. Excellent. This should secure them no lower than a three seed in the tournament unless they really screw up in the last two games of the regular season or the Pac-10 tournament.
    Last edited by Mariner; 02-26-2005 at 06:04 PM.

Great win for Washington who is incredibly tough at home.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

And UCLA made a great showing at Notre Dame. Perhaps the PAC10 is worthy of it's "second strongest conference" moniker.

Anyone catch the OSU/Kansas game yesterday? It was a great game. Again, Kansas had to pour it on heavy at the end of the game to beat an opponent at home. Personally, I think that M.O. will come back and bite them in the ass come tourney time.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

It was a great game Mr. D. I had it on in the background while I was working yesterday afternoon. I think you are right about Kansas being a possible early round casualty in the tournament.

BC gets crushed at home by a bi-polar Pittsburgh team. Man, Pitt isn't making any inroads by playing great on the road one day, and cruddy at home the next.

I just haven't seen it with BC. I know they have (had) a good RPI rating, but they just seem like the "one of these things, doesn't belong here" team in the top ten.

Just like St. Joes last year, Bill. The Big East will send the most teams to the tourney(possibly 8 teams!), but it is such a bi-polar league. I mean, one of their mediocre teams whips Kansas, and then one of their premier teams falls pretty easily to UNC at home. ND loses big to UCLA at home, but throws BC their first loss handily. They are really unpredictable.

2 great finishes last night....both with buzzer beaters to win the game. First, Clemson had a buzzer beating dunk to win over Virginia Tech, and then Wisconsin barely escaped an Indiana run with a last second lay in off of an offensive rebound. Mayhem!!

Is everyone as excited as I am for conference tourney time?? Some conferences have already started playing their tourneys. And it is these smaller conferences whose tournaments are the most fun to watch...the fans are really into it, the players and the coaches too. And it's really their best exposure....ESPN carries most of the conference tourney games in one form or another.

And we all know what's looming around the corner....a week from this sunday is SELECTION SUNDAY!!!!!! March Madness is starting to manifest!

+ Reply to Thread