+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2004/2005 NCAA College Hoops

Hey Brusch! How 'bout them Illini????

Where are you getting your RPI data from? I used to goto ESPN to check that out, but now they make you pay for their insider program to get that.

Thanks!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Duke and Georgia Tech appear to be confused. They are wrestling not playing basketball.

Duke held on to win in what was truly an ugly game, 60-56.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    Hey Brusch! How 'bout them Illini????

Where are you getting your RPI data from? I used to goto ESPN to check that out, but now they make you pay for their insider program to get that.

Thanks!
    There's some RPI info. at http://www.collegerpi.com/ . They used to update it daily and had more stats on how it was done.

eta: now I'm looking around and I see 2 other sites that I'll have to check out later: http://www.kenpom.com/rpi.php and http://teamrankings.com/ncb/8powerratings.php3 . They seem to have updated data that includes BC losing and Wake playing Longview.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Great sites, Brusch!!! Thanks again.

Illinois looked great in an absolute rout of Northwestern last night. Did anyone see that alley-oop dunk from Dee Brown to Powell(I think that was the combo).....SWEET!!!!

Is anyone following the whole "John Chaney(head coach at Temple) puts 'goon' in against St. Joesphs to commit hard fouls" story? It's really kinda sad--Phil Martelli(head coach at St. Joe's) said it best "I expect more from John Chaney and Temple".

Basically, Chaney put in a seldom used, very large player to go in and commit hard fouls because he believed St. Joes players were getting away with illegal screens. The player went in and fouled out within 4 minutes(I think), and actually broke an opposing player's arm. After the game, Chaney apologized, and suspended himself for one game. Since then, Temple has suspended him for the rest of the season, although he will be back to coach in the A-10 conference tournament.

It was pretty obviously a "heat of the moment" kinda thing. But Chaney's a really great coach, and you just expect better from someone like him.

It is a weird story MrDob. I just didn't expect that out of Chaney.

Already calls are going out saying that 3 games (the rest of the regular season) is hardly enough of a punishment for him. However, I think he has to worry more about the potential civil suit, which would be easy for the injured player to win.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I agree that it is a weird story. Chaney has always had a pretty bad temper. It's gotten him trouble before but never to this extent. The rest of the season suspension was imposed by Temple. The A-10 or the NCAA could probably impose further sanctions.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    It was pretty obviously a "heat of the moment" kinda thing. But Chaney's a really great coach, and you just expect better from someone like him.
    A "heat of the moment" thing cost Woody Hayes his job at OSU years ago. It wouldn't surprise me to see that happen here.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    A "heat of the moment" thing cost Woody Hayes his job at OSU years ago. It wouldn't surprise me to see that happen here.
    I just heard an interview with John Feinstein and he was suggesting that Chaney needs to be suspended for the postseason too and sent to anger management training if he's going to coach again. I didn't realize Chaney is 73.

+ Reply to Thread