+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004/2005 NCAA College Hoops

Don't get me started on officiating!!! Luckily, it seems like the officials that handle the tournament games are unbiased and call the games even-handedly. There are a lot of differences between the way all of the conferences seem to play(i.e., the ACC seems more offense minded, whereas the Big 10 is defense and lots of elbows and hand checking). But the officials during the tournament do a good job of calling the games consistently.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Btw, as I learned from the morning paper, I missed a fourth Husky fouling out while I was switching to the Apprentice. Three more had 4 fouls. If the game had gone to a second overtime, they might have had to play the team manager.

Great ACC battle tonight. Duke looked like they had the game in hand until Daniel Ewing got a technical foul. In the end, Maryland won in overtime. Four of the Duke players fouled out. By the end of overtime there were a lot of seldom used players on the floor for them.

Yep--The ACC is eating itself alive. Still, as conferences go....the ACC is the cream.

Crap. The Huskies just played totally flat and got beaten by Oregon State in Corvallis. That woudl be the same Oregon State team they beat by 40 in Seattle. Hopefully, this will be a wakeup call.

I hate when my team plays flat--and gets beaten by a, supposedly, lesser opponent. However, that is one of the things that I absolutely LOVE about NCAA hoops--any team can beat any other team on any given night. You have to always bring your A-game...and if you don't have your A-game, you better hope your opponent has their D-game.

Wowza! Texas Tech upset Kansas 80-79 in double overtime. They tried to lose by shooting like crap at the free throw line down the stretch but a three pointer with 4 plus seconds left propelled them to the win. That was fun.

Fun....and frustrating at the same time. It's really hard to cheer for a Bobby Knight team(well, for me at least). But yeah, it was nice to see TT pull it out over my most hated team.

Did you see the fans mob the floor? I don't typically encourage that type of thing, but that's what is great about College Hoops....so much emotion over a regular season game!

I'm with you on Bobby Knight. I loathe the man. I try to just root for the kids and ignore him. I did see the fans mob the floor. It is fun to see them get that excited.

Whoa! Not good for Kentucky! How do you lose by double digits to South Carolina? I was discussing this with my roommate this past weekend....Kentucky definitely deserves the benefit of the doubt as far as rankings go, but after watching last nights game and the game against Kansas AT RUPP ARENA, Kentucky is just not the "cream of the crop" this year as compared to other years. They are a #8 at best, IMO.

+ Reply to Thread