+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004/2005 NCAA College Hoops

I would be the Duck fan here.

Oregon starts three freshmen and two sophs. There are no seniors on the team, but Coach Kent is getting some national recruits now, and this team will be very good eventually, though likely not this year.

Malik Hairston is on Vitale's top five freshmen in the country list. He was snatched from Illinois grasp.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Weren't the Ducks pretty good just a few years ago? I saw them play Illinois in Chicago this year, and they just couldn't keep up with Illinois' tempo...which I think is going to happen with a lot of teams this year. I think Illinois travels to Oregon next season....so Bill, I'll probably be up in your neck of the woods then!

I'm with Mariner....the fact that at the end of the season, there is this great tournament in College Hoops(and no BCS/ranking BS) to determine a national champ just makes Hoops all that much better. I LOVE College Hoops!!!!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Yeah, under Ernie Kent, the Ducks have been in post season play nearly ever season. They went to the elite eight and lost to Kansas back when the two Lukes and Fred Jones were in their starting line up.

I watched em against Illinois this year, and yeah, they were over matched, and far too young to deal with getting behind early against a quality team like them.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I watched a lot of that Illinois/Oregon game too. Illinois thumped them the same way they thumped Wake Forest and Gonzaga. At this point in the season, Illinois seems invincible.

Well, of course I like hearing you guys say good things about Illinois!! They are looking really good, they are relatively healthy(although Augustine did something last night-like twisted an ankle), and their big assets are their speed and "team think" These guys have all played together for 3 years straight. Brown and Williams were already a dynamic duo the past 2 years, and now that they have played with all of these other guys for a few years, they ALL know where the other's are on the court...pretty much at all times.

That's not to say this team doesn't have weaknesses....they do. The low post is a major weakness....Nick Stick....er, Smith needs to assert himself underneath way more than he does, and avoid taking shots from outside. A team with a superior inside game could prove to be a real problem.

Oh yeah, Bill...the two Lukes!! I remember that team. I think I picked them to get to the final 4 that year!

Dammit Kentucky! Why couldn't you beat Kansas in Rupp Arena? Why? Why?

I hate Kansas, for anyone not paying attention.

Jayhawk Hater

I hate Kansas too.

Wow, I am really starting to think that UNC deserves the #1 ranking over both Illinois and Kansas. Kansas has played few tough games, and only 1 of those was on the road(Kentucky). Illinois is really good, but they are not destroying opponents like UNC is doing. UNC had 3 straight games where they scored over 100 pts. And they are dominating higher ranked teams. I hate to say it, but I think they are more deserving right now.

Anyone watching College Hoops? Anyone? Bueller?

Kansas dodged another bullet AT HOME against NEBRASKA!!! OMG would it have been sweet if that kid could have knocked down that wide open, last second trey to put the Huskers over the top! What's up Kansas? You guys are winning ugly against crappy teams. Geez, you barely beat Colorado, and they SUCK!

Illinois takes on Iowa tonight in Champaign. This will be a great matchup, and should be one of their toughest Big 10 games to date. Then AT Wisconsin on Tuesday....that will probably be their first loss of the season.

That was a close one for Illinois, but at least they were able to overcome the 32% shooting and still pull it out. Hopefully this will provide a little wake up call before Tuesdays game in Madison.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

+ Reply to Thread