+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2004/2005 NCAA College Hoops

I can't believe we have to wait until Thursday. It's just pathetic.

Actually, Wednesday night.....the Play-in game!!!! Hey, it's tournament basketball, at least!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I really hate the play in game. You take a team like Oakland and they do what they are supposed to do, get hot for a weekend and win their conference tourny to get that 100-1 shot at the NCAA big dance. Instead though, they will get slaughtered in a play in game. It just isn't right.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I've already posted this in the fort challenge board, but figure I'll be covered if I post here too! Can you guys help me with some "real people" (not sports commentator's) picks??? I'm in my tourney at work and I won last year with a friend's help. That friend is on vacation right now and can't discuss this with me. Any info you could throw my way by Thursday midday would be much appreciated. I'm a hockey fan in desperate need of a "gambling" fix!!!!

I know next to nothing about college hoops, but I have picked Syracuse as my favorite. I like fast teams over heavy-defense teams, and would rather pick the favorite in a favorite/major underdog situation. Other than that, I'm a clean slate!!!

Could does not mean should

I found it interesting that on Saturday, both Clark Kellogg and Seth Davis were touting Kansas as a #1 seed. On Sunday there was no mention of their previous predictions.

Duke plays its way into a #1 seed, although there is no way that they can win unless they change the length of the games to 35 minutes. Even the games that they win they try their best to blow a lead. (And I normally like Duke).

Being on the eastern part of the continent (and in Canada) I don't know much about Washington. So I cannot say how well they will do. But if anyone but Illinois wins I will be shocked, despite what Dickey V says. I hope that I didn't just doom them.

*knocks on wood loudly*

Does anyone else hope that a 16th seed beats a number 1? Is it wrong to hope for an upset when you know that the number 1 is a far better team. Part of me wants to see the four best teams in the Final Four and part of me likes to see the teams from the power conferences taken down a notch.

Not that I think that it is going to happen.

If Illinois is considered the top seed in the tournament why is the winner of the 64/65 game playing North Carolina and not Illinois?

I heard that question answered once William. Basically to be "fair" the play in game winner doesn't have to play again until Friday, and the Illinois bracket plays on Thursday. So basically the Illini get a huge advantage of basically home games up to the final four, whereas NC gets a tough bracket, but the easiest first round game.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I thought that the play in game was usually played WED night, and then they play on Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by William13
    Does anyone else hope that a 16th seed beats a number 1? Is it wrong to hope for an upset when you know that the number 1 is a far better team. Part of me wants to see the four best teams in the Final Four and part of me likes to see the teams from the power conferences taken down a notch.
    Heh, William. Root for my Oakland Golden Grizzlies to beat North Carolina this Friday.

Not even REMOTELY expecting a good basketball game, let alone a win.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread