14. Connecticut Lost to No. 18*Syracuse*
    15. Utah Lost to New Mexico*
    16. Pacific Lost to Utah State*
    17. Oklahoma Lost to Texas Tech*
    19. Alabama Lost to No. 25*Florida*
    20. Cincinnati Lost to South Florida*
    21. Villanova Lost to West Virginia*
    24. Charlotte Lost to Memphis

Unfortunately the tough week makes me think that it is going to come down to Illinois against Kentucky in the final. I say unfortunately because that kind of lacks drama. I'd like to see some dark horses make a real run at the title.

Still, with Bruce Weber losing his mother, for them to win the championship will make a great story for CBS. I don't mean that to sound cold, because I really feel for Weber, you can tell he was having a hard time, it's just that's how I think that CBS will see it.

I feel sorry for the kid from Memphis, but drama like that is why people like watching sports. I just hope that he can rebound from it and not let it kill his confidence.

Oh yeah....Memphis. Heartbreaker!!!

It is going to be a great bracket this year. I'm surely biased, but it is going to be hard to call, with so many "middle of the pack" teams that can throw down an upset at any given moment. I'm starting to get scared....the Illini haven't been playing so hot(23 turnovers yesterday!) They need physical and emotional rest. Hopefully they can beat Wisco running away today, and get a couple of good nights of sleep.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

There ya go, Mariner!! A #1 seed for the Huskies! I know there was a lot of discussion there, but I think it is well deserved...hopefully I'll get to see them play in Albuquerque!!

Gratz to Washington.

I think given the Pac10 RPI, Washington's #3 RPI, Washington's excellent out of conference schedule, etc... they had to give them the spot. I was saddened by all the ACC 3 #1 talk. Yeah, it's not a great college season, but come on the good teams are not just in the east
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Bad news for Washington though, they have Wake Forest and Gonzaga in their region, not to mention Texas Tech and Pacific. Oh and Louisville too.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Yeah, that's a pretty tough bracket!! I hope either UW or Gonzaga comes out of it.

I'm going to try and setup a bracket contest for FoRTers at yahoo.

Thanks MrD and Bill! I was very pleased and quite surprised to hear the news. I recorded the Selection Show because I was golfing (Hey if it's nice in March in Seattle, you have to do something outdoors). I am really surprised because I listened to smarmy Joe Lunardi this morning on ESPN before I left home give the Huskies no chance of a No. 1. He made it sound like Arizona hurt itself rather than Washington helping itself yesterday. Perhaps Joe has lost sight of the fact that the Huskies have now beaten Arizona 5 out of 6 times over the last two seasons and all of the facts Bill mentioned. Jay Bilas did give them a chance at a No. 1, but he was the only one. The Albuquerque and Syracuse regionals look stacked at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    Yeah, that's a pretty tough bracket!! I hope either UW or Gonzaga comes out of it.

I'm going to try and setup a bracket contest for FoRTers at yahoo.
    Ooooooo...can I be in it please?? We're not allowed to have brackets at work because we're government contractors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Jay Bilas did give them a chance at a No. 1, but he was the only one. The Albuquerque and Syracuse regionals look stacked at first glance.
    I like Jay Bilas too!! He is the only one on ESPN with the stones to predict Illinois as the eventual winner. No one is giving that team any credit....they stick with their Kansas/UNC/Duke picks like they are a broken record!!

And yes, ALB. and SYR. are stacked regions. I am really hoping to see the Zags or the Huskies come out of Albuquerque, but Wake, Gtech, and Louisville are going to be tough.

+ Reply to Thread