+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2004/2005 NCAA College Hoops

Yikes, they play tonight!

I came home from my class and mr.applesauce is hunkered down with the clicker well out of my reach. Looks like my choices are basketball or FORT.

The UW/Stanford scrum game just ended with a 66-63 Husky victory when a Stanford three barely rimmed out at the end setting up a UW/Arizona Pac-10 finale tomorrow. The Huskies have barely scraped by while Arizona has breezed through. I'm just hoping tomorrow will be a good game.

That's really terrible news about Bruce Weber's mother. Not that there is a good time for something like that to happen. But you have to wonder whether he will be able to maintain his focus. On the other hand, not that they need it but it could make Illinois even more determined.

When I saw that Clemson was ahead I was so hoping that they would be able to keep their lead.

I heard earlier today that some of Mrs. Weber's last words were instructions to Bruce and another son, David who is a high school coach to keep coaching. Her husband was also a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I heard earlier today that some of Mrs. Weber's last words were instructions to Bruce and another son, David who is a high school coach to keep coaching. Her husband was also a coach.
    Yeah, he gave interviews to ESPN and CBS at the hotel....earlier today I think. Still, you could tell from his demeanor....easier said than done.

That is a coaching family, so they honor her by coaching.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I think the picture of him right before the second half started looking like he's digging down deep and then taking a moment to slump over in his chair says it all. He's doing this for his mother, but he's clearly having a hard time.

Very sad news for the Weber family.

On the other hand, NC just lost. Duke should be handle NC State, if they win the ACC then I could see them jumping back into a #1 seed.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

This PAC 10 championship is a damn fine game. Arizona, IMO is playing for a #1 seed in the west. UW is looking good, too. Probably playing for a 3 seed at best....4 at worst.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    This PAC 10 championship is a damn fine game. Arizona, IMO is playing for a #1 seed in the west. UW is looking good, too. Probably playing for a 3 seed at best....4 at worst.
    I'm hoping they both get two seeds, but I think UW is looking at a three and Arizona will still get a two despite the fact that they basically have the same record and UW beat Arizona twice. I was actually golfing and recording the game, but I couldn't keep myself from watching the last 7 minutes at the golf course. Glad I did. I came home and my power had clearly gone out at some point so I have only part of the game on tape.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    tough day for the top 10 teams

like I said DEEP tourney this year

Vermont looks like a spoiler team

gotta feel for the kid from Memphis, but, hey 'agony of da feet' en all

+ Reply to Thread