+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2004/2005 NCAA College Hoops

Eh, the MWC is less of an underdog than most might think. Utah is pretty damn good...Bogut is always in the talks for "player of the year". UNM is pretty good too. Granger put on a nice show last night against BYU(23 pts, 8 rebs, 5 ast). I expect them to be in the tourney. And Air Force always plays tough too.

You want an underdog to cheer for? Wait until the seeds come out, and pick one of the #12 seeds to upset in the first round.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Well, we MWC fans think we're less of an underdog than one might expect but when you start talking to a rabid "big school" fan, all you get is a pity laugh...hahahahahahaha.

I am getting worried about Washington. I too would have picked them to do well in the tourny (as in sweet 16 or better) because they have excellent guard play, which is always the key in the tournament. Lately though, they have really struggled. Not sure what is up with that.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I am getting worried about Washington. I too would have picked them to do well in the tourny (as in sweet 16 or better) because they have excellent guard play, which is always the key in the tournament. Lately though, they have really struggled. Not sure what is up with that.
    They seem to play well for the first 15 minutes lately. Then they start falling in love with shooting threes, and go stone cold. It doesn't help that Washington is on a quarter system. Right now it's finals time and the players are having to take tests at the Pac-10 Tournament.

That's right, North Carolina....get into the same mindset as Kansas. Play crappy the entire game and struggle to beat crappy opponents in the last 5 minutes. I love it.

I couldn't believe Clemson was still in that game down to the final minute.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Clemson was up 15 with 7 or 8 minutes left. UNC clamped down the D and didn't allow Clemson any good scoring opportunities. And Felton went nuts on offense. They are good...but if they keep with that M.O., I can see some real trouble.

Nothing like trying to watch TV while your husband is sitting across from you wearing headphones yelling and waving his fists at the Stanford game. Last night almost made me decide to get a 2nd TV. I guess I'll let him watch the darn game on Sat. like a good wife. Does Oregon play on Sat. as well? If so, it will be a looonnnng night.

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    Nothing like trying to watch TV while your husband is sitting across from you wearing headphones yelling and waving his fists at the Stanford game. Last night almost made me decide to get a 2nd TV. I guess I'll let him watch the darn game on Sat. like a good wife. Does Oregon play on Sat. as well? If so, it will be a looonnnng night.
    Actually, Oregon didn't even make the Pac-10 tourney this year so you are safe there. Oregon State and Stanford play at 6 and 8:45 respectively tonight though. You might want to high tail it to the nearest electronics store.

Dawn Weber suffered from torn aorta
    ESPN.com news services

CHICAGO -- The mother of Illinois coach Bruce Weber died Friday after surgery to repair a torn aorta, a hospital spokesman said.

Dawn Weber, 81, had undergone surgery at Rush University Medical Center after complaining of chest pains before the top-ranked Illini beat Northwestern in the Big Ten tournament.

Hospital spokesman John Pontarelli said Weber, of Milwaukee, died about 6 p.m.

The aorta is the main artery that carries blood from the heart. The tear was described as a splitting of the inner layers of the aorta, allowing blood to flow between them.

Bruce Weber's status for Saturday's tournament semfinal against Minnesota is undetermined, said Illinois sports information director Kent Brown. Brown added that a decision may not be made until before the game.

Brown said the coach was at the hospital when his mother died.

Medical staff at the arena attended to Dawn Weber, who is a widow, before she was taken to the hospital, Brown said.

"She was here at the (United Center) with a cousin to pick up her tickets before the game when she felt chest pains," he said.

Bruce Weber's wife, Megan, told her husband of his mother's illness after the Illini defeated Northwestern 68-51 in the tournament quarterfinals.

"Megan asked us not to tell him before the game," Brown said, adding that if Dawn Weber's condition at the time was dire the coach would have been informed immediately.

Weber left the arena for the hospital shortly after the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/champw...ory?id=2010614

______________________________ ________________

Whoa! My heart and sympathy go out to you Mr. Weber.

+ Reply to Thread