+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2004/2005 NCAA College Hoops

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that winning a national championship was not an amazing feat. It certainly is a very great accomplishment, no matter how many losses a team has along the way. I just think that in terms of suspense wondering whether than can go all the way would have been an even bigger story and given Illinois more respect in the media. I still think that they are the number one team in the country.

If Illinois had managed to complete an undefeated season, we wouldn't have to listen to the announcers say all the time that the last coach of an undefeated team was Bob Knight. I don't know all that much about Bruce Weber but I would rather hear the announcers talk about him than about Bob Knight.

I don't really have a favourite team this year, but I do hope that it is not North Carolina or Kentucky. I used to root for Duke simply because they were not North Caroline, but I don't think that they have the depth this year. This year I am just hoping that it is not one of the usual suspects.

I am looking for Duke and Arizona to be the non#1 seeds who make the most noise this year.

I am going to go out on a limb and predict that 12-18 Oakland gets slaughtered in the first round. Tough call, I know.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I am looking for Duke and Arizona to be the non#1 seeds who make the most noise this year.

I am going to go out on a limb and predict that 12-18 Oakland gets slaughtered in the first round. Tough call, I know.
    Quite the daredevil there Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Arizona is one of those teams that, as a #1 seed, you don't want to see in your bracket. Georgia Tech, too. And yeah, Duke. They always come to play come tourney time.

I'm bummed out that Univ. of Denver didn't win it's conf. tourney. They were playing for their first tourney berth ever, but folded like a cheap table last night.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    I'm bummed out that Univ. of Denver didn't win it's conf. tourney. They were playing for their first tourney berth ever, but folded like a cheap table last night.
    Heh...you can root for Wyoming in the Mountain West Conference tournament with me if you like. We need all the support we can get!

G.G.-

I am actually going to the MWC tourney games on Thursday night(quarterfinals, I think) and then to the championship on Saturday. Sorry, but I have to back the UNM Lobos, since my girlfriend is a grad student there.

But whatever....lots of college hoops in Denver!! I'm psyched!

Yeah yeah...I'd be happy to just go to a game but I won't go by myself. Movies...fine. Out to eat...fine. But to a game by myself? Not so much...it looks really stupid when I try to high-five myself. I will be watching on TV though...plotting the demise of the Lobos.

Boston College was just upset in the Big East Tourney. West Virginia played them well...pretty much led the entire game. This really hurts BC's seed, IMO.

Maryland lost to Clemson in the first round of the ACC Tournament jeopardizing their spot in the NCAA Tournament.

I think you are right MrDob. BC is going to tumble now.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread