+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: NBA Friday Night Fights

Even worse is the guy that threw the chair... inexcusable. They've shown a tough video of the guy.... hopefully someone will recognize him.

The guy that threw the chair will face a felony charge. All others will face a misdemeanor assault charge that carries 93 days max, I believe.

They just showed again the above guy's past: 3 OUILs, 1 Assault charge, 1 Escaping from custody(all from 1988-1986.) That boy's going to jail, but not just for this incident. Lovely.
    Last edited by Broadway; 11-22-2004 at 10:05 PM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Too bad it will never happen, but I would love for him to be punished by throwing things at him. Pacers fans are invited to throw cups of beer at him for ruining their NBA season, Pistons fans can throw chairs at him for ruining their reputation, Ron Artest can actually punch the correct guy now, and Ben Wallace can shove him in the face because it if weren't for him, he wouldn't be suspended 6 games.

After all that's done, then send him to jail and make him share cells with Indy fans.

giggle. Vicious!

And... Artest did get a chance to punch him. He got a few good ones in on him later, after the bastard (fan) hung around to punch him later on.

[url=http://www.clickondetroit.com/sports/3955699/detail.html[/url]

Update: they've identified the chair thrower. Also.. in this article, it mentions that, per the team lawyer, none of the Pacers players will cooperate with Auburn Hills police interviews. Charming.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Since it's the team lawyer, does this mean you could conceivably charge the Pacers themselves with obstruction of justice?

I know there's a fourth Pacers player that's going to be charged with a misdemeanor. Something about David (?) Harrison starting some kind of skirmish in the tunnel. I have absolutely no details on what he did, however.

If anyone's still around and interested.... charges came out today against the players and fans.

Are these too severe, or a slap on the wrist?

Ron Artest, David Harrison, Stephan Jackson, Anthony Johnson from the Pacers: 1 count of Assault and Battery

Jermaine O'Neal: 2 counts Assault and Battery

Fans:

John Green (the man that threw the cup): 1 count assault and battery
    Bryant Jackson (the man that threw the chair): 1 count felony assault, and 1 count assault and battery
    David Wallace (Ben's brother): 1 count assault and battery

Two more fans are apparently getting charged for A&B, but they didn't announce who as of yet. The last I heard Green and Charlie Haddad (the fan that went on the floor and got pummelled by Artest and O'Neal) had both been banned from all Nederlander facilities. I haven't heard that about Wallace or Jackson, but... ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678