+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NBA Friday Night Fights

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    Yeah, I don't think the fan that Artest first attacked threw the cup, but I will bet that he had the correct area it was thrown from, and I will also bet that the fat POS that started wailing on Artest immediately after he got into the stands was the guy that DID.
    As far as I know (by reading articles in the Detroit Free Press and watching the Detroit News) the guy Artest attacked (wearing a black shirt/glasses in the pic below - pictured between Wallace and Hamilton) did not throw the cup. The news showed that the guy in the blue shirt/white hat (same pic on left, 2 over from guy in black) managed to throw his cup underhand and score a direct hit on Artest. He was hitting Artest from the back when Artest was hitting the other guy. As for the larger guy in the gray who got involved, as someone previously stated, that was Ben Wallace's brother.

Okay, here's the new little twist: the guy in the blue with the white cap (yes, the instigator) was a former neighbor of our County Prosecutor. He has tried to deny it, but has been confronted with all of the tapes and at that point said he wanted to consult an attorney. At that point he hasn't shown up for more police interviews, but he did just show up on an interview on the local news claiming innocence. Police apparently also want to learn what was in the cup that he allegedly threw, because he had been banned from drinking. He has already been banned from reentering the Palace.

A lawsuit has already been filed on behalf of two of the fans that got beaten up by Jackson and Artest. *sigh* Geoffrey Feiger's office already represents five of the fans.

They are also saying there will be charges against some of the Pistons/Palace personnel.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I do have to laugh at the "I love this game" banner in the background of the above pic.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Ohh... they're saying that whenever a player is suspended, their salary goes to the NBA and it gets donated to charity. They are still saying that these salaries (including Artest's $5 mil plus.) Wow.

Man, my mouth is dried from talking about this excessively.

Regardless, I feel bad for Ron. I truly think something is wrong with him and hope someone can help him.

And my fantasy team.....yes, I am still thoroughly paranoid coz of this.

On a side note: Detroit is no longer the most dangerous city in Ameica, its Camden, NJ now. Maybe that'll help Detroit's image.

How much can you change your fantasy team, Mrs??

The bummer is... The Palace is about as *Detroit* as Greenwich, CT is NYC. Greenwich is actually closer to NYC than Auburn Hills is to Detroit, believe it or not. But with the name on the jersey.... Detroit's taking a pounding.

And the guy that started it is from West Bloomfield.. one of the wealthiest areas in the country. Yes, country.

Maybe it's the custom in West Bloomfield to say hello to someone by hurling a beverage at them? Seriously, I can only think of two reasons why the guy would have been ordered not to drink. Either he was arrested for a DUI or for a domestic violence charge. I'm thinking that he can expect to spend some time in a much less desirable location than West Bloomfield.

Three previous DUIs. I think it's safe to say that he's now pleading innocence because he knows he's in deep doo-doo.

I only made the comment about West Bloomfield because a lot of people were accusing the Detroit fans of being thugs and lumping them in with the delinquents from the city (and I am in NO way saying that everyone from the city is a delinquent... FAR from it.) Just trying to seperate this incident from the negative Detroit stereotype.

Thuggery knows no socio-economic bounds. Just like domestic abuse. I'm sure it's highly annoying to have everyone cast your city in a negative light based on the actions of a few bozos. Rational people know that this could have happened in pretty much any NBA arena.

No kidding. Sometimes I wonder if Jack Nicholson is gonna attack the players or refs himself. I remember last year Coach Saunders had to tell him to tone it down because he was so distractive.

Broadway, well I play in the Yahoo leagues and there's really nothing I can do except drop him and add an available player, or I can consider doing trades, but that doesn't compensate for losing Artest. Plus, I'm not really willing to trade my boys Peja, Franchise, & Boozer.

Here's to hoping this guy goes to jail and hopefully he shares a cell with several diehard Pacers fans.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast