+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NBA Friday Night Fights

I think its way too rough and I would love to see if the NBA does anything in regards to Pistons fans. In an ideal world, they'd just ban them from attending the March Pacers game, but that will never happen.

:rolleyes X 1,000,000,000 to David Stern.

That does suck, Mrs. Indiana was an amazing team... last year AND this year.

Mrs... it isnt up to the NBA to penalize the fans... it's up to the local police and prosecutor. They'll get them.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    And the suspensions are way over the top- the only people satisfied with that are obviously Detroit fans??
    Tell that to the six people that were taken to the hospital thanks to Artest, Jackson, and O'Neal, Quinn.

You didn't see the Pistons players punching people, nor charging into the stands, which is a major no-no.

I could be just as silly and say "the only people that AREN'T satisfied are obviously Indiana fans." Bah. Mrs. knows better... and she knows I don't feel that way.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    And he got the fan completely wrong. The fan he punched had his cup of beer still in his hand, and the police have already acknowledged that he got the wrong guy. Apparently Artest was asking the kid (as he was punching him) "Was it you, man? Was it you?" which is clear indication that Artest had NO clue who threw the cup.
    obviously i stated that Artest deserved some kind of suspension and that the crowd is out of bounds... i contend that wasnt a beer cup in the guys hand- looked like popcorn or something else- unless they handout non round cups of beer in the Palace... Artest- up to the point where he charged the crowd, continually backed up- and tried to stay out of it... so what he was laying on the table- so what he was mocking the situation- he was only making an ass of himself...

i could honestly care less if Artest ever plays again- for someone to ask their coach for a month off in midseason to rest and promote a cd? i just really really hate the fact that the Detroit fans who were involved are getting by without any consequences for their actions...

I'm all for watching teams play at their fullest. I hate watching any great player even if I despise them go down with injuries, suspensions, etc. I feel bad for Rick Carlise, talk about being extremely unlucky.

It sucks to see such a great team in Indy get such punishments.

While the NBA does not have the power to arrest/prosecute fans, they do have the ability to ban them from a game. But that won't happen since they're all for profits obviously. :rolleyes

Quinn,

The fans are not going to get off unscathed... trust me. If it doesn't get national airtime, I promise you that I will publish what they do get. Since I live in the same town as The Palace.. right down the street, actually... I'll hear all about it.

The Auburn Hills Police have been quite vigilant about punishing fans that go overboard at games for whatever reason. The first guy that Artest assaulted was beyond innocent... and I can guarantee you that the others that he hit were guilty of screaming at the guy, but none of that justifies the assaults. None of it.

For the fan that laid the suckerpunch on Jackson (or was that O'Neal?)... he'll get the worst punishment, I'm sure. Justifiably so.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Tell that to the six people that were taken to the hospital thanks to Artest, Jackson, and O'Neal, Quinn.
    6 went to the Hospital?
    as of this morning the Police Cheif in charge of the investigation said one minor injury was reported... sounds like 6 people wanting to get paid to me... again the American Way...

Maybe the fans learned a lesson as well- Mess with the Bull and sometimes you get the Horns.

my simple point is Artest is absolutely wrong... Ben Wallace is wrong... and just as much so- the fans were wrong...

Six were treated for minor cuts and bruises and were released. No, nothing major, but I'm sure a few of them have some purdy shiners.

http://wxyz.com/wxyz/nw_local_news/a...343181,00.html

After several minutes of players fighting with fans in the stands, a chair, beer, ice and popcorn were thrown at the Pacers as they made their way to the locker room. About a half-dozen people were treated for injuries at the arena in suburban Detroit, one was taken to a hospital by ambulance and another sought treatment, police said Saturday.

For the fan that laid the suckerpunch on Jackson (or was that O'Neal?)... he'll get the worst punishment, I'm sure. Justifiably so.
    If we're thinking the same guy (fat guy in gray outfit that came from nowhere). Fred Jones.

Nah, Mrs. It was the first guy that went into the stands after Artest. To the left of the screen you'll see a fan that had blonde hair and glasses, I believe, punching one of the guys with a yellow headband in the back of the head. Both Jackson and O'Neal had the headbands.

I must have missed the Fred Jones suckerpunch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast