+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Michael Waltrip Out After Next Year?

just above the horizon, but below the ozone

Michael Waltrip Out After Next Year?

while watching the pole qualifing on speed tv yesterday they said waltrip got told if he doesn't make the top ten next year he will loose his ride. haven't found anything post official yet. but that has to suck to be under that pressure. had about the same thing said this year too mid-season.

Jayski had it on Monday:
    Top 10 for Mikey in 2005 to keep ride: Dale Earnhardt Inc. Director of Motorsports Richie Gilmore said yesterday Michael Waltrip will need to finish in the top 10 next season to keep his spot in the #15 Chevrolet. DEI has one-year contracts with the 40-year-old and his sponsor, NAPA. "Michael would love to retire at DEI, and [owner] Teresa [Earnhardt] would love to have him retire here," Gilmore said. "But we have to get to another level. We need to be in the Chase for NAPA and DEI."(Richmond Times Dispatch)(11-15-2004)
    http://jayski.thatsracin.com/past/041115.htm#15

Then they better get that car moving, cause it aint all Waltrips fault. That car needs work on power!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Thanks Unk. i don't look at jayski so i missed it....Ili, yeah and they better get it handling better too

Has Mikey ever won a race that was NOT a restrictor plate race?? He seems to find the wall a lot too...
    kitty-cats rule!

Quote Originally Posted by leeinsmyrna
    Has Mikey ever won a race that was NOT a restrictor plate race?? He seems to find the wall a lot too...

and thats why i call him, "Michael in the waltrip"

If he loses his ride with DEI then maybe we won't have to watch so many commercials featuring him and Dale Jr. in the back seats of cars all the time.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Regular
    I figure ol Mikey will probably hang up his helmet in a couple of years.

And join his brother in broadcasting perhaps!!
    Merry Christmas!

Wasn't he doing the truck races last year or so? Getting some time behind the mic?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread