+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On-air curse could cost Earnhardt Jr. points

Well Nascar can just push it aside, they don't have any credibility anymore in my book the way they have been running things this year. What a goatrope this year has been, I wonder if Nextel is sorry they got in it. As for JR, you could tell he had no idea he even said it, and Nascar will overreact again and take points away causing him to go to second place at least in the standings. This of course will piss off the fans to no extent and Nascar and Helton will be trying to backtrack and fix another boondoggle they started. Its hard to remember that your plan was to drain the swamp when you are up to your butt in aligators!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I'm sure Jr. will be fined for the slip, it is only fair that they penalize him since they have penalized all the others this year. If NASCAR wants to keep the little credibility that they have, they have to treat everyone the same. (Even though that particular word wasn't offensive to me. He could have pulled a Chad Knaus. That would have been much worse.)
    I don't think he should lose driver points, though. He has worked hard to get where he is, and he deserves to keep his spot in the standings.
    I agree with Joeguy that if they are so concerned over the language, NASCAR should put a five second delay on the race.

if they hit him with 25 points like they did with the other two drivers, that puts Kurt Busch up in first place. From the boo's he gets, that will cause riots at the tracks.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

It's official. He now trails Busch by 12.

http://www.nascar.com/2004/news/head...nts/index.html
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

well mike helton and company officially have their heads where the sun doesnt shine. I just can't believe all the crap they are doing this year. I don't think any driver should have points taken away for cussing, thats way overreacting. Fine them, yes. Points taken, no. NASCAR has turned into another corporation... the bigger they get, the dumber they get.

Like I said earlier, NASCAR had no choice. It's B.S., but they had to. I think my sig line pretty much sums up the NASCAR organization chart.
    So, will this change our points?
    Last edited by Unklescott; 10-05-2004 at 12:40 PM.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    You're right, NASCAR had no choice, but it's still bogus and a rotten way to take over the lead.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    :nono
    jr. should have gotten his money's worth... once he slipped- he should've went to town laying f' bombs, bleepty bleeps and calling out all the NASCAR corporate a-holes... it's not like they would have penalized him a gillion points or 50?
    God help this sytem if jr loses by 25 points!
    Fines not points!!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    well just another example of corporate #&)(^%#@0 )*%#@ !#%&*() *^%$# management executive decision making.

I was just thinking about how well it would go over if the drivers just refused the interview after the race. I think I'd love that. It would cause more problems than a little word that almost everyone uses everyday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast