+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sylvania 300 (New Hampshire) Info

4, 8, 16, 28, 35 .... it's going to be a long 3rd section
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd
    And someone needs to plant their foot in Robby Gordon's behind for that crap he pulled! He knocked out two good drivers with his stupidity.
    Could someone please explain what the #31 did? I was at the Lions game and missed the race

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl
    Could someone please explain what the #31 did? I was at the Lions game and missed the race
    Him and Greg Biffle were going at it....first Biffle wrecked Robbie...then after he gets back on the track...Robbie wrecks Biffle totally on purpose.(which took out Tony Stewart and Jeremy Mayfield)

And Congrats on the win today for the Lions!
    kitty-cats rule!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    ETA I'm going out to Arizona on vacation tomorrow and won't have access to a computer. I'll be back in town next Sunday night so if someone would care to post qualifying, etc. go right ahead.
    Have a ball, UNK! We'll miss ya....Let us know all about your trip!
    kitty-cats rule!

they really need to get rid of RG. He and Stewart both need a major timeout from NASCAR.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

http://www.nascar.com/2004/news/head...eld/index.html
    Stewart, Mayfield fall into early hole in Chase
    Accident with Robby Gordon takes both out of contention at NHIS

By Marty Smith, NASCAR.COM
    September 19, 2004
    05:32 PM EDT (21:32 GMT)

LOUDON, N.H. -- As far as Tony Stewart and Jeremy Mayfield are concerned, New Hampshire International Speedway is Elm Street and Robby Gordon is Freddy Krueger.

Gordon represented every Chaser's worst nightmare Sunday at NHIS, when he wrecked Greg Biffle in Turn 2 on lap 64 and took Mayfield and Stewart out in the process.

"Innocent bystander, man," Mayfield said. "Those two shouldn't handle that on the racetrack. Robby Gordon and Biffle need to go outside the racetrack and fight, get it over with. Don't be a candy ass. Go outside and fight. Do it somewhere else."

Stewart and Mayfield were riding along, biding their time in the top 10 on Lap 64 when, just ahead of them, Gordon screamed into Turn 2 and wrecked Biffle. As a result, Biffle slid up into Mayfield -- badly damaging the left side of the No. 19 Dodge -- before coming to rest near the bottom on the track.

Stewart, unable to slow the Home Depot Chevrolet quickly enough, plowed nose-first into Biffle's Ford.

NASCAR penalized Gordon two laps, and disallowed him the opportunity to receive the Lucky Dog pass, thereby assuring the penalty stood at two laps and that Gordon could finish no higher than two laps down.

That was of little solace to either Chaser.

"Robby will have his day," Mayfield said. "I don't know how we'll do it, but I'm just an innocent bystander here."

Robby Gordon had no comment, but witnesses said he did offer a single digit salute to the media assembled behind his transporter. Jeff Gordon, however, wasn't so silent after viewing a replay of the incident.

"It was absolutely ridiculous," Jeff Gordon said. "I think NASCAR handled it well, but unfortunately (Mayfield) and (Stewart) suffered because of it, and what are you going to do for them? There's nothing you can do to (Robby Gordon) to help in that situation.

"What happens between (Biffle) and (Robby Gordon) should be between those two guys. None of it should ever be taken out on one another on the racetrack. That's their battle. That's their thing. Accidents are going to happen on the racetrack, it's unfortunate when deliberate things catch guys."

Deliberate? Doug Richert, Biffle's crew chief, thought so, too.

"There was no doubt he was going to (wreck us), because he said it on the radio," Richert said.

Both Stewart and Mayfield spent nearly 50 laps in the garage making repairs. Stewart's return was brief, however. After several laps NASCAR parked the Home Depot Chevy for failure to reach the minimum required speed of 32.17 seconds.

Getting caught up in someone else's mess was Stewart's biggest fear entering the Chase. Now that that's happened, he fears his championship hopes are dashed.

"You can't do it with only nine more races to go," Stewart said. "That's been my concern all along about this and it happened to us in the first race. It's part of racing.

"We're leaving here early because we've got a tore up race car that got caught up in somebody else's wreck. That's just part of our sport. It's what happens. I can't worry about what the other guys do, all I can do go out and try to win the next nine races in a row."

Stewart finished 39th, and drops from fourth to eighth in the Nextel Cup standings. He's made impressive points comebacks before. During his 2002 Cup championship season, he finished 43rd in the season-opening Daytona 500.

"It wasn't but two years ago we left Daytona 43rd and came back and won, so it can happen again this year," Stewart said. "But trying to make up that amount of points in nine races is virtually impossible.

"I can promise you one thing -- this team's never given up and they're not going to give up now."

Nor is Mayfield's, it seems. The No. 19 team had to repair the left side damage and did extensive work to the battery compartment on the Evernham Motorsports Dodge.

Mayfield battled back to finish 35th.

"The car was great (before the wreck)," Mayfield said. "I was running fourth or fifth. Even after we wrecked we were running top-three (lap) times. The team did a real good job. We just came up short today."

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    they really need to get rid of RG. He and Stewart both need a major timeout from NASCAR.
    Gordon should have had his butt pulled out of that car- and the car put on the trailer. I'm so tired of his crap week after week. They need to find a new driver for that car A two lap black flag wasn't good enough to satisfy me.

My team finished:
    Kahne 4
    Gordon 7
    Wallace 14
    Vickers 22
    Mayfield 35

Not much of a start on the third segment...

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I had

Nemechek --6th
    Sadler------8th
    in the waltrip 9th
    johnson-----11th
    wallace-----14th

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by leeinsmyrna
    I think I did pretty good....when do the scores of the league come out on espn? I just checked and they weren't there.
    either Unk or I get the points posted when they show up. seems like me or him are the ones up at that time to do it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12