+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ryder Cup 2004

Ryder Cup 2004

Any golfers here?

One of the perks of my job: I got free tickets to go to the practice rounds this week at the Oakland Hills Country Club! I'm more excited to go to this tourney than any of the Buick Classics in Westchester when I lived in New York!

I know it's only the practice rounds, but I'm trying to read up on the rules, etc.. because they're different from normal tournaments. Anything that I should know in particular?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    after the ass-kicking the USA took on Friday- the most important things you can do as a fan in the gallery is to:
    1. heckle Montgomery while he is preparing to shoot (over Tubby losing his fat wife who was cheating with Hugh Grant. Monty is a heckler's wet dream!!)
    2. get close enough to Sergio to whack him in the head with a clue bat (he's ridiculous- almost singlehandledly makes it impossible to watch on tv)
    3. spike the American's gatorade- loosen em up a little bit!! these guys forget it's a TEAM event- i dont recall tiger- phil ever speaking to each other in 2 rds on friday??

US started out very well this morning. The US Captain benched Mickelson for the morning, and as wild as it seems, I think he had to do it. Phil is not used to his new equipment at all, and played horrifically yesterday.

On the back nine though, the Euro's are coming back. I should be a bunch of great golf this weekend, but the US is in a deep, deep hole, and you have to favor Europe the rest of the way.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    after the ass-kicking the USA took on Friday- the most important things you can do as a fan in the gallery is to:
    1. heckle Montgomery while he is preparing to shoot (over Tubby losing his fat wife who was cheating with Hugh Grant. Monty is a heckler's wet dream!!)
    2. get close enough to Sergio to whack him in the head with a clue bat (he's ridiculous- almost singlehandledly makes it impossible to watch on tv)
    3. spike the American's gatorade- loosen em up a little bit!! these guys forget it's a TEAM event- i dont recall tiger- phil ever speaking to each other in 2 rds on friday??

Do aI detect a little sour grapes then!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    US started out very well this morning. The US Captain benched Mickelson for the morning, and as wild as it seems, I think he had to do it. Phil is not used to his new equipment at all, and played horrifically yesterday.

On the back nine though, the Euro's are coming back. I should be a bunch of great golf this weekend, but the US is in a deep, deep hole, and you have to favor Europe the rest of the way.
    Why Sutton stopped the pairing between Tiger and Chris Riley is beyond me. Riley had a way of calming Tiger down and they played well in the morning. Why not continue that into the afternoon? That's the best Tiger played in quite some time.

I'm hoping for no heckling. Detroit doesn't need to get into the negative spotlight any more than we already are. Heh.

I think the crowds have been excellent. A lot of cheering for good shots by the Europeans too.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Europe dismantled the US today, and all weekend in fact. Underdogs are never out. The final score was 18.5 to 9.5 for Europe. El Nino all the way! Haha.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl
    Do aI detect a little sour grapes then!!

nah- my dislike of Monty and Sergio go deeper then some little media contrived money whoring event like the Ryder Cup?
    Does anyone really care about this anymore? Certainly our me, me , me players dont really care- like Tiger said- tell me how many majors jack nicklaus won (18), and tell me how many ryder cups he won??? anyone? didnt think so... if the players only half heartedly care- why should i?

by the start of monday night football tonight no one here in the US will remember such an event took place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I think the crowds have been excellent. A lot of cheering for good shots by the Europeans too.
    I was absolutely shocked by the volumes of fans that came in from Europe. Everywhere you turned you were hearing a British and/or Irish accent. It was quite fun.

+ Reply to Thread