+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dixie Chicks To Sing National Anthem At Super Bowl

Dixie Chicks To Sing National Anthem At Super Bowl

Chicks picked for Super Bowl

(CNN) -- Those cute country chicks have been chosen to sing the National Anthem at Super Bowl XXXVII.

Following in the footsteps of anthem performers such as Whitney Houston, Cher, Faith Hill, Billy Joel and Mariah Carey, the Dixie Chicks are scheduled to sing before kick-off at the January 26 game at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, California, the NFL announced on Wednesday.

"Anyone who tells you there's no pressure to sing the National Anthem 'live' to one of the biggest television audiences on the planet is not telling the truth," band member Emily Robison said in a press release.

"It will be the first appearance we've done since Emily had her baby in November," said fellow Chick Martie Maguire.

The Dixie Chicks were recently nominated for four Grammys including Album of the Year for their latest album, "Home."

I'm not a big country fan, but I like their version of "Landslide", and I used to think the short middle Chick was cute, until she permed her hair and started doing raccoon-eyes with her mascara.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I like the Dixie Chicks. They will provide anti Shawhina vibe.I'd watch them. Maybe I'll tune in on the non Eileen parts of the show.

I agree w/ you, John...I actually like their version of "Landslide" better than the original. I've got all 3 of their CD's, and I really enjoy them.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I have a version that i got from Kazaa that is them and Stevie singing it live(dixiechick style) It sounds really good.I am so not a country person either.

+ Reply to Thread