+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: College Football 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I read up quite a bit on it thank you. SEC fan much?

Cal was only bumped down because not only was Mack Brown campaigning for his team, but also his crony coaches dumped Cal far down in the rankings not just behind Texas but very far down in order to ensure their buddy got his BCS bid, and coincidently, their conference got the cash.

It is a joke. Sorry.

Cal was only bumped down because not only was Mack Brown campaigning for his team

Kinda like we are all doing now, just defending our teams. Mack was looking out for the team's best interest. Amazingly it worked and now he is being slaughtered over it, or at least he was until they won the game. Now the media is creaming Cal because of all the talking they did before their game, and then they get creamed by a #21 team. It is a never ending cycle and will always be "This team should have been there, not that team." The BCS for once was in favor of Texas, but many times it has not. I for one will proudly wear my Rose Bowl Championship shirt. I also wish all college teams the best of luck for next season! Wonder which teams will be the center of controversy then??
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Just so everyone understands, I have absolutely no Cal affiliation. If we were talking about the Oregon Ducks or the Washington Huskies, different story (anyone from either Oregon or Washington will tell you that I shouldn't admit to liking both).

I also am not a Cal fan. Just pointing out that what happened to them was wrong, and not because anyone from Cal said anything. Outside of the Texas Longhorn student paper, everyone knows they got screwed
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I also am not a Cal fan. Just pointing out that what happened to them was wrong, and not because anyone from Cal said anything. Outside of the Texas Longhorn student paper, everyone knows they got screwed
    Yes, I agree. Cal got screwed.........by Texas Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Burntcrow
    Yes, I agree. Cal got screwed.........by Texas Tech.

And I was rooting for Cal,but that was funny.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567