+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: FORT Pro Pick 'em League

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty
    Al Gore?
    Damn! He invented the internet and and also did cartoon voices? What a talented man.

Okay the real answer is the late great, Wally Cox.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    Race to the bottom, anyone?
    You are so on! I have definite plans to kick butt backwards this season.

Anyone else have trouble coming up with a team name? I didn't want to use last years name and I sat there for about 10 minutes before I put down the crappy "Team Blatz". I was going to use "Brusch Going for Two", because in this game it could have two meanings, but I don't need to start off the season that cocky.

Good luck everyone!
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    i know, I know!!!!!!! upper left square!

I know, I know!!!!!! Mr. Peepers!

Titans-Dolphins game moved to Saturday

http://www.nfl.com/partners/aol?http.../story/7663156

MIAMI (Sept. 9, 2004) -- The Miami Dolphins' opening game against the Tennessee Titans will be played Saturday instead of Sunday because of approaching Hurricane Ivan.

Ivan could reach southern Florida as soon as Sunday, forecasters said. The Dolphins and Titans had been scheduled to kick off at 1 p.m. EDT that day. The game will now be played Saturday, Sept. 11, at 1 p.m. ET at Pro Player Stadium. The sold-out game will be televised in the Miami and Tennessee home territories by CBS.

"It's pretty wild," linebacker Junior Seau said. "Where I come from, we have earthquakes. It just happens. Here, you can monitor hurricanes for days and days and your life stops.

"With the weather we have, it can scare a lot of our fan support away and that's understandable."

For the Dolphins, the scheduling change is the latest development in a preseason that included the retirement of running back Ricky Williams and concerns about Hurricane Frances. The storm last week prompted talk of a player boycott when the Dolphins were forced to play an exhibition game in New Orleans against their wishes as the storm threatened Florida.

"We're bullet-proof at this point," coach Dave Wannstedt said. "There's nothing that anyone can do or say that will hurt us. Everyone knows what we've been through."

AP NEWS
    The Associated Press News Service

Ok. So I went to the pick'em website and realized my picks were incomplete. I didn't realize that you had to rate the teams IN ORDER of your confidence. I thought you merely had to put a number next to each one. I had picked 7's and 8's for all of them. Go ahead and brand me an L for Loser! I guess I really am losing it. Anyway, I figured it out and now my picks are complete!

At least you got it right before the deadline Applesauce. Looks like we ended up with a 36 team league. Here's to a good season.

FORT Fogey
    Man, I feel very awful! I could just cry. What a day. I was going to do my picks when I got back from class and took a nap. Well, I woke up 10 minutes before the deadline and just thought of how I'd missed all of Big Brother. It didn't occur to me until after The Apprentice was over that I'd missed the deadline. I feel awful now. How could I have been so STUPID???

FORT Fogey
    C'mon Indianapolis!

+ Reply to Thread