+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: US Open - Tennis

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar

US Open - Tennis

The draws were out the past days. I can't wait for the last GrandSlam of the year. After the Olympics, I turn my attention to tennis.

The Full Draw
    Last edited by unexplained; 08-29-2004 at 11:33 AM.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Thanks so much UE! I am surprised Amelie is all the way at number 2, and Venus is all the way back in 11th.

It also looks like Kim C. won't be coming out this year.

Your welcome, AI.

Just for re-cap,

2003 US Open Men's Final Champion Andy Roddick and runner-up Juan Carlos Ferrero.

Ferrero.

Official website: www.usopen.org
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Thanks for starting this thread UE. I'm looking forward to it, I'm surprised at Venus' low seed too and because of it, she could face Lindsay Davenport in the 4th round. I'd like to see either Lindsay, Serena or Venus win the womens title and Andre Agassi or Andy Roddick win the mens.

Oh your welcome Fan.

No. 2 seed Amelie Mauresmo was an easy winner in her first-round match Monday, defeating American Marissa Irvin in straight sets, 6-4, 6-2. Next up in Arthur Ashe Stadium is men's top-seed Roger Federer, who will play his opening match against Albert Costa. Jennifer Capriati will follow against Denisa Chladkova. No. 12 seed Ai Sugiyama and 16 Francesca Schiavone were also early Day 1 winners. Check out Monday's complete schedule of play.

Go Justine Henin-Hardenne!!

I've always supported Justine. Last year's Semi-final clash with Jennifer Capriati was spectacular.
    Last edited by unexplained; 08-30-2004 at 01:43 PM.

I'm watching Carlos Moya's match, he's wearing his infamous sleeveless t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by unexplained
    Last year's Semi-final clash with Jennifer Capriati was spectacular.
    Great Match!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic277
    I'm watching Carlos Moya's match, he's wearing his infamous sleeveless t-shirt.
    He is good-looking.

Quote Originally Posted by usopen.org
    Capriati Rebounds, Federer Wins in Straight Sets
    After a slow start to the match, Jennifer Capriati came roaring back to defeat Denisa Chladkova, 2-6, 6-1, 6-2, Monday at the US Open. Men's top seed Roger Federer had a much easier opening match, posting a 7-5, 6-2, 6-4 victory over Albert Costa. Other winners include Olympic silver medalist Mardy Fish, Carlos Moya, Amelie Mauresmo and Vera Zvonareva. There were three upsets on Day 1 of play, with No. 18 Karolina Sprem and No. 32 Meghann Shaughnessy falling in the women's draw and No. 27 Mario Ancic losing in the men's. Following tonight's Opening Night Ceremony, Serena Williams and Andre Agassi will headline play in Arthur Ashe Stadium.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast